cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting SMS messages

YACHTING-STAR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm trying to login to a few different services, eg: banks, and using SMS 2 factor authentication, and I'm not getting the automated sent texts on my phone. As a new client, is there anything I need to figure for this?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

walker1
Mayor / Maire

Why didn't someone else think of or say that, in different words?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you ported your number from other provider, consider it might take up to 2 weeks for 2FA to 'find a route' to your new provider.

I assume everything else is working as expected? Calls/SMS/Internet in/out?

walker1
Mayor / Maire

If not, PM support is your best friend for help.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@YACHTING-STAR if you ported your number into PM, it is normal those system generated text like 2FA to take time before coming to your new provider.   Systems take longer to see the new "home" of your phone number and route the text correctly.  Some systems also put that delay on purpose for security reason to avoid SIM fraud

So those text should start coming in the next few days.  In a week, they should all be ok

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@YACHTING-STAR hi because of security measures in place from the banks and other companies your are getting the codes from, it can take up to 10 days for things to start working again, in some cases you may need to contact them to get things working again 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@YACHTING-STAR wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to login to a few different services, eg: banks, and using SMS 2 factor authentication, and I'm not getting the automated sent texts on my phone. As a new client, is there anything I need to figure for this?

Thanks

@YACHTING-STAR 

After activation, those take about a week to work properly.

It's a security thing and those systems need to learn your new location, since you moved to a different provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.