cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to activate my sim

NandiniTandon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

While activation of my sim, on last step after entering my card details, I got error with Error Code: 837.

Please tell me what's a issue. Also, I have seen that sim card value is 5CAD where as I have been charged 10CAD why?

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NandiniTandon  - did you choose a plan and were you charged for the SIM card activation?

If so, try inserting your SIM card and see if you have any services?

Are you able to log into your self serve account: https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&client_id=cc26d3b9-3370-4...

If your account is active in self serve or when you dial 611 with the public mobile sim card in the phone, try restarting your phone with the public mobile sim card inside.

If still issues, then submit a ticket with a customer support agent (CSA) to help with your port.

Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Sim cards prices can be different from different vendors. Some prices will change as promotional offers come and go.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@NandiniTandon 

Are you trying to port your phone number in at activation? Take a temporary number instead and port in after activation. If its a koodo prepaid account you must take a temp number and contact customer support after activation to transfer the number for you same goes for pc mobile.

Take an alberta phone # and you will only pay gst on your plan amount saving you up to 10% on provincial taxes. Don't forget your referral code on the 4th page for your $10 bonus referral credit. If activating a $25 plan you may still be able to add a promocode for bonus recurring plan data and any $35+plan should qualify as well at least the "3G" ones anyways.

Edit:

You can check if your number transferable below....

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

NandiniTandon

I tried in private mode as well but I am getting same error code 837. This happens when it try to complete 2nd step. I believe it is to check my old number or something. 

I purchased it from the sore ( from kudos counter) and taken 2 sims 10 each.

@NandiniTandon wrote:

I bought it from the store. Is there any difference in buying online or from store? Cost is just double.

@NandiniTandon   $10 is regular price by most stores.  Stores are in fact allowed to sell at any price.  Some "bad apples" actually selling it as much as $20 or  even more. So, $10 is actually a good price, regular price

$5 is just a online special, limited time.  Plus, Pm takes long to ship, can be as many as 3 weeks.  So, you pay extra $5 today but you got it immediately without the long wait 

I doubt there is much PM can do

@NandiniTandon @ wrote

I bought it from the store. Is there any difference in buying online or from store? Cost is just double.

No difference other than the cost and how you get the sim. Online will take few days to come to your address, but from store you will get it right away. 

NandiniTandon

NandiniTandon

I used account number

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@NandiniTandon Try using incognito/private browsing mode when activating. If you are porting in your number, it's best to activate the sim on a new number and then port in once activation is successfully completed. The reason you might want to pick a new number for now is that you will have service working with a new number while you request to port in your number from another carrier. If you request to port in during activation, you will not have service until port request is completed assuming no errors during that process. 

Where do you see $10 CAD charge for the sim card? Are you sure you only ordered 1?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@NandiniTandon 

tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,or other Browser,

about SIM card are you buy it from here.

if yes, tried to contact to support team by private message CS_Agent  to maybe them do something.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NandiniTandon   are you trying to port in your old number and you entered IMEI # as the porting info?  If so, it is better to use the Account number from your old provider.  IMEI # might be the cause to this issue

But wait 15 mins, check and confirm PM has not charge you any money yet.

Once confirmed, try the activation again, but again, use the account # as the porting info 

Need Help? Let's chat.