cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Valid Canadian Number

stevie_gg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I tried to activate the sim card, got to the end step where it was going through a checklist but it couldn’t verify my number. When I tried again in the 2nd to 3rd step where it gives me the option to register using my current number, it now says my number is not a Canadian number even though it’s a 604 area code. Please help,

5 REPLIES 5

@stevie_gg wrote:

I’m currently with Koodo. Should I try again and register with a new number then port? Thanks for your time

Yes. Please activate with a new phone number.  If it's a postpaid account, you would request the porting from inside your Self Serve account (after activation has been completed). If it's from a Kooodo prepaid account, you would need to a open a ticket with a Public Mobile customer support agent by using the chatbot at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

stevie_gg

I’m currently with Koodo. Should I try again and register with a new number then port? Thanks for your time

stevie_gg

Currently I’m with Koodo and the number is a Vancouver number

@stevie_gg wrote:

I tried to activate the sim card, got to the end step where it was going through a checklist but it couldn’t verify my number. When I tried again in the 2nd to 3rd step where it gives me the option to register using my current number, it now says my number is not a Canadian number even though it’s a 604 area code. 

Is this for number porting? That's the only time I can thnk of when a phone number is checked during activation.  Although, the error message says something about not being a valid Canadian number, the database check isn't actually checking for that, but rather whether a phone number can be ported to Public Mobile.  Which city is the phone number from?  (604 isn't specific enough).    Also, there are certain situations of numbers already being in the Telus family of brands when a new phone number must first be taken during activation.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@stevie_gg 

the error " is not a canadian number" is either because 

1.  you are trying to port in from Koodo prepaid
  2. or  you have attempted activation once and saw some error and you decided to re-attempt to activate a second time.  But the early activation attempt was holding up the porting request

If you are porting in from Koodo prepaid, you have to activate with a new number first.  Once activation completed and you can make calls and recieve calls, then you will need to open ticket with PM support for a manual porting request.

if you are NOT porting in from Koodo prepaid but was re-attempting the activation a second time, you will have to open tickte with PM support and have them to clear up the earlier activation attemp

Please open ticket with them by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.