cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Activation Code and No EverSafe ID

Michelle_D
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I've just recently set up my Public Mobile account and I'm being asked to confirm my identity with a 6-digit code however I'm not receiving any code via SMS as I don't have any Public Mobile connection. 

I am not getting any option to send via email, no matter how many times I select resend etc.

10 REPLIES 10

Michelle_D

Yep, just checked and all 3 seem to be working! TY!

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

thanks for the update, happy that it works now

so, voice (in/out), text (in/out) and data all work?

Michelle_D

Ok figured it out -- had to re-start the process via the app and choose "switch to Telus if Public not available" during setup. I then received like 15 SMS codes... took a few tries to figure out the right one but it seems to be working now!

@Michelle_D 

Your Telus account must be active to port over to PM. This is your issue but the good thing is PM is part of Telus and they can still port you over. Contact a CS_Agent as noted earlier.

Michelle_D

My old SIM has already been deactivated by the provider (Telus), so I can't receive any SMS there. Nothing was sent before I transferred, either. I have sent a DM using the link you provided, TY.

@Michelle_D 

PM is an online service so no calling option to an agent.

All communication is done through dm to an agent like what you are doing here.

Click on the Chat bubble bottom left or dm/pm.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

slusagm

@Michelle_D wrote:

Calling who? There is no contact number for Public Mobile that I can see. Also I don't have the ability to make a phone call since my service has been switched to Public but I can't connect. 

if your PM sim cannot connect to the network, cannot make calls, then you will need to message support (not call) .  Use this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

slusagm

if you requested porting, the 6 digits code would be sending to your old sim card with your old service provider if the port not completed yet.  So, check the old sim first

Michelle_D

Calling who? There is no contact number for Public Mobile that I can see. Also I don't have the ability to make a phone call since my service has been switched to Public but I can't connect. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle_D 

How about get the 2FA code by calling?

If it still doesn’t work then you need to contact a CS_Agent by click on the Chat bubble and type in Submit a Ticket or Contact Agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.