cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

jkburno
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone quit working today-and now shows 'no service'.  My account is showing its active

7 REPLIES 7

@jkburno 

Have you recieved a response from the moderators? If your finances and email are uncompromised and you have tried everything (except accessing your account since you cannot) and your sim card doesn't work in another phone then your sim card either needs reprovisioning or its "broken" and you will need a new one.The lost/stolen feature can do this or the moderators.

Have you tried someone else's sim card in your phone? This would rule out a  phone hardware issue. Does sim card sit in the slot firmly? Is both the sim card and slot clean and free of debris? Have you recently acquired your phone from someone else? If thats the case it could have been blacklisted.

jkburno
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't even get into my account-it has been disabled.

Nothing has worked. I have put in a 'ticket', and now I just wait

@jkburno 

If you have tried all of the above and checked online to see if there is an outage in your area and there isnt one contact the moderators to see what is causing you to have lost service.

Click on the ( ? ) at the bottom right corner of your screen to submit a ticket via Simon. Type no service and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@jkburno enable fly mode for a few mins. Also can try lost/stolen feature in self-service for some time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jkburno wrote:

My phone quit working today-and now shows 'no service'.  My account is showing its active

If you're in your account and switching SIM's around...check the Change SIM function for the last 4 digits of your SIM # against what is on the physical card.

If different, change the password and suspend your service using the lost/stolen function.

You may also want to click "change sim card" in your account and see if the last 4 digits match your sim card that is in your phone.

@jkburno wrote:

A few things to attempt:

-restart your device

- proceed to devicecheck.ca to check the status of your IMEI

- try your sim card in another phone to see if your account is otherwise fine

Need Help? Let's chat.