cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification of missed call and no notification of messages

Ihateusernames
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I missed a call a week ago for a job, I had no record of missing this call. I did not receive a notification that I had a message. I did not realize this until checking me messages to learn I had three. Looking back to the date of the message still no evidence of a missed call. The date was September 19th.

14 REPLIES 14

TK123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I meant that public mobile’s version of LTE does not include VoLTE. I have no problem with LTE switching to 3G when a call comes in provided it works 100 percent of the time. If it doesn’t do it fast enough, the incoming call won’t be seen by your phone. I’m guessing the switch fails 2 percent of the time. Telus could determine EXACTLY what that number is.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TK123 wrote:

The internet is littered with many missed calls from LTE only networks like Public Mobile. It doesn't happen often - if I had to make a rough guess, it appears to fail one in every fifty calls on LTE.  I haven't had an issue in the last week on 3G.

I thought all calls were over 3g,  Public does nothave VOLTE.  Bell virgin lucky and telus koodo and PM share the same towers so receptions from my understanding should be the same. 

@TK123, public Mobile is not an LTE only network.  I have no issue receiving calls on 3G when the phone has to flip from LTE first.

TK123

I was with Virgin Mobile (Bell) (VoLTE) for about five years and I don't ever remember missing a call when I was in a "good" reception area.  In the first three weeks with Public Mobile, I had three instances when the phone did NOT ring but I received a voicemail without a missed called notification - i.e. the phone call did not make it to my phone.  The internet is littered with many missed calls from LTE only networks like Public Mobile. It doesn't happen often - if I had to make a rough guess, it appears to fail one in every fifty calls on LTE.  I haven't had an issue in the last week on 3G.

TK123

You are correct that Public Mobile does not send missed call notifications.  My iphone itself would know of a missed call if the call arrived at the phone and wasn't answered.  But if the call never arrived at the phone, no notification of a missed call would be issued.

@TK123 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote: 

VoLTE has nothing to do with missed call nofication text messages.  

In addition, there's no need to disable LTE manually.  It automatically disables itself when a call comes in.

Under VoLTE, there is no need to switch to the 3G network to accept the incoming call.  The notification of a "missed call" doesn't happen because the switch to the 3G network fails "sometimes".

The incoming call through VoLTE could also fail for any number of network reasons. Either way, if your phone didn't ring, and no matter what network you are connected to, Public Mobile doesn't send missed call notifications like some other carriers do.  We should be thankful that we're not with Freedom Mobile, where the problem that you speak of was at least at one time, common place.  Funnily enough, Freedom would send you a notification text message about that missed call when/if your phone didn't ring.

TK123

@computergeek541 wrote: 

VoLTE has nothing to do with missed call nofication text messages.  

In addition, there's no need to disable LTE manually.  It automatically disables itself when a call comes in.

Under VoLTE, there is no need to switch to the 3G network to accept the incoming call.  The notification of a "missed call" doesn't happen because the switch to the 3G network fails "sometimes".

@TK123 wrote:

Because Public Mobile has only LTE but NOT VoLTE, sometimes you will NOT be notified of an incoming call (the phone won't ring, you won't see a "missed call" notification and you won't know that someone tried to call you UNLESS a voice mail was left). The solution is for Public Mobile is to enable VoLTE but until they do that (and they say they have no plans to do that), the solution is to turn off LTE and use only 3G.

On an iPhone, click "Settings" "Cellular" "Cellular Data Options" and turn OFF "Enable LTE".

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/3g-4g-voice-calls-lte-network-implementation-richie-sam-oommen/

VoLTE has nothing to do with missed call nofication text messages.  Public Mobile just doesn't offer the service.  Rogers, Fido, and Wind/Freedom Mobile have offered the service for years, long before the implementation of any VoLTE services.

In addition, there's no need to disable LTE manually.  It automatically disables itself when a call comes in.  An incoming call could fail to ring even with LTE disabled.

TK123

Because Public Mobile has only LTE but NOT VoLTE, sometimes you will NOT be notified of an incoming call (the phone won't ring, you won't see a "missed call" notification and you won't know that someone tried to call you UNLESS a voice mail was left). The solution is for Public Mobile is to enable VoLTE but until they do that (and they say they have no plans to do that), the solution is to turn off LTE and use only 3G.

On an iPhone, click "Settings" "Cellular" "Cellular Data Options" and turn OFF "Enable LTE".

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/3g-4g-voice-calls-lte-network-implementation-richie-sam-oommen/

mimmo

@stonechucker wrote:

If you’re asking about a txt notification of a missed call, Public Mobile does not offer this service.

I believe they were refering to the phone notification of you have x voicemails..  not a sms notification that you missed this call while your phone was off.

If you’re asking about a txt notification of a missed call, Public Mobile does not offer this service.

popping

@Ihateusernames wrote:

I missed a call a week ago for a job, I had no record of missing this call. I did not receive a notification that I had a message. I did not realize this until checking me messages to learn I had three. Looking back to the date of the message still no evidence of a missed call. The date was September 19th.

You said "until checking me messages to learn I had three"

Do you mean you have 3 voicemail messages?

If yes, it is how you configure your phone for receving notification.  It is not PM problem.

mimmo

could your phone been off or with no reception?

not exatly sure how the voicemail notifications are sent/ received by the phone, but it sounds more like a phone issue instead of a network issue.  

edit: what phone are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.