cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network access

vwickiam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone hasn't been able to connect to the mobile network since about 10 am this morning. Really need to get my phone back online. Tried a bunch of troubleshooting such as putting in airplane mode, restarting, taking sim out, trying in different phone ect. Not sure what I can do now but really need access to my phone for work. 

11 REPLIES 11

vwickiam

I've tried that and still nothing. 

I've been a customer for a few years now. Dating back to 2017 or so I believe. Never had an issue until now. 

@vwickiam please use this method for a quick response from mods

click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "security or identity fraud issue"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

how long have you been a customer with pm?

vwickiam

OK thanks. Started changing all passwords. Appreciate the insight. 

@vwickiam wrote:

OK I've done that.

So if it doesn't match it is for sure a simjacking situation? 

Log in to your account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen. Click on Suspend service.

A SIM mismatch and no service is definitely SIM jacking. Change your account password and check banks/PayPal for fraudulent activity. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@vwickiam  yes 💯.

Lock everything up. Change all passwords to strong ones. Social media, emails, PayPal, banks, etc. Keep close eye on financials.

Two options now.

1 - wait for mods to investigate. They have an option to get your account back on your current sim.

2-Or your other option for a faster resolution is to go out and buy a new sim card. DO NOT ACTIVATE IT!!. You have to take the brand new sim card and log into your account. Click "Change sim card" enter new sim card number and you will be back up and running.

vwickiam

OK I've done that.

So if it doesn't match it is for sure a simjacking situation? 

@vwickiam  use private message link in my other post instead of the chat bot if you're having issues with the chat bot.

vwickiam

Wow that's scary/unfortunate. Well it does appear the numbers are different....I can't seem to get help beyond the bot though and my message has yet to be answered. 

@vwickiam 

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will show you last 4 digits of the sim card. Now take the sim out of your phone do they match?

If they don't you have Been a victim of simjacking.

Click plans and add-ons then lost/stolen mark it as stolen to block whoever has access to your account sim.

Then immediately start changing all your passwords and check your financials for fraud.

Then open a ticket for moderators to investigate. They have away to get your current sim card working again.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

Or private message them at link below 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or your other option for a faster resolution is to go out and buy a new sim card. DO NOT ACTIVATE IT!!. You have to take the brand new sim card and log into your account. Click "Change sim card" enter new sim card number and you will be back up and running.

Let us know!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@vwickiam wrote:

Phone hasn't been able to connect to the mobile network since about 10 am this morning. Really need to get my phone back online. Tried a bunch of troubleshooting such as putting in airplane mode, restarting, taking sim out, trying in different phone ect. Not sure what I can do now but really need access to my phone for work. 

edit...follow suggestion provided below by @Jb456 

There's been a rash of this type of problems.

Need Help? Let's chat.