cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more US calling plans?

Po_Tayto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to upgrade to 4g but none of the new plans seem to have US calling listed. Will I lose my US calling with the upgrade or is this just a labelling error? 

7 REPLIES 7

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The old plan is better imo, you should keep it rather than switching!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah its pretty cheap so if you really want the 4G it may be worth it. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Po_Tayto hello yes you will lose the US calling option if you upgrade but you could always purchase the 1000 minute 15 dollar add on which should last most people a long time and you usually get free international calling gifts around christmas time 😀

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Po_Tayto 

if really need more data speed 4G then taken and  Download the TextNow App

to you can use by Wi-Fi to make Call & SMS to U.S for free and from that app you will getting free canadian or U.S number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Po_Tayto wrote:

I would like to upgrade to 4g but none of the new plans seem to have US calling listed. Will I lose my US calling with the upgrade or is this just a labelling error? 

@Po_Tayto   None of the current plans have US calling included.  So, if you were on the old plans with US calling (calling from Canada to US), do not change to any of the new plan or you will loss that

On the other hand , you can get US calling for free if you call by VoIP app like TextNow.  These days, the US calling is from the plan is not that useful anymore.  Let me know if you want more datils on the worksaround with VoIP app

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Po_Tayto hi yes if you upgrade you will lose your US calling unfortunately 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Po_Tayto 

yes you will losing US calling.. keep it your old plan much better.

Edit: new 4G plan just has data and
Unlimited/Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited/international Text and Picture Messaging
no US calling.

Need Help? Let's chat.