cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls or Voice mail

dzalusky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to transfer over my Telus phone number and can't get incoming calls or voicemail now. It shouldn't take days to hear back from the mods. How about adding more mods? Frustrated to say the least.  

10 REPLIES 10

bobbysingh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the exact same issue- ported number from BELL yesterday and when I put in the PM SIM I can make outgoing calls and have data and even was able to setup my PM voicemail.  When someone calls my number it is going direct to my old BELL voicemail.  My BELL SIM is still working.  On PM I also can't get or receive text messages.  I understand the backlog but it is not my problem.  Thank god I can just move in Sepetember.   This moderator process with no call centre seems like a good concept to save money but it is unacceptable not to acknowledge a message within 1-4 hours.   If there is a backlog the customer should be told via a response that the message has been received and they are working on it or will work on it in X amount of time.   Not responding and having people see all these complaints does not make me confident to stay with PM.   This is my 2 cents.   

CuteBunni28

The mods here have been really good; they probably are just busy. My phone is at least working, I just can’t receive calls or texts right now, but at least I can make calls, and my data is working again.  So I’ll just keep patiently waiting for PM to finalize my port of my number. 

dzalusky

See ya!!  Customer servce suck here!! 

@dzalusky, very good 🙂 Take your money and run.

As you have access to the self-serve area of Public Mobile, simply take off your credit card information and start shopping around.  If you want to port your number out, do it quick, as once your plan doesn't renew, your number is not available for porting.

Sorry to see you go.  FYI - during the Fall 2016 promo, there was a multi-week back up.  It's not unexpected.

@dzalusky wrote:

24 hr backlog is unacceptable if customer service is important to PM. Canceled my AutoPay and this is my last 2 weeks with them. 

You are experiencing an issue with porting that usually completes without an error if you provide correct info.

Do you currently have service on your Telus sim? Have you tried again from your self-serve account by providing your Telus account number only? If you are porting from Telus prepaid, make sure you are not using the same email address with Public Mobile. Porting from Telus or Koodo literally takes a min to complete. But in your case something has gone wrong. And it is really a bad time as some promos are happening and people are contacting them. Be patience and i am sure you will hear from them soon. 

dzalusky

24 hr backlog is unacceptable if customer service is important to PM. Canceled my AutoPay and this is my last 2 weeks with them. 

There is most likely a backlog of messages building up, as there are a number of fantastic promos happening.  Responses come in the order they are received, and you will get a response as soon as possible.

Sending multiple messages will not help, as it will simply add to the backlog.

CuteBunni28

Hi there. I’m also having the same issue: I did a phone number transfer and have sent the mods a message, but haven’t heard anything back about what’s going on. 😞 

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To add to @NDesai's reply - make sure you also include your account details (phone number, pin, e-mail, account number) to expedite the process.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dzalusky Sorry to hear that. Send them a message again and hopefully they get back to you shortly. 

cc @CS_Agent @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.