cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to mobile data

LSBH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

While I tried to port my old number over to the new SIM, it continues to revert back to the original SIM number. So I shutdown my phone and remove the SIM card, turn the phone back on, shut it off, and then insert the card, and then turn the phone back on. I've done this at least once a week for the last three weeks. And for the most part it works. But often times, when I turn the phone back on with the SIM back in it, the Mobile Data icon is greyed out such that I can't turn it on. So it's happened again, and now I can't access SMS messages or my google email. I don't know what's going on but more things are going wrong. And I don't have mobile data and I've shut off/remove SIM/turn on-shut off phone/return SIM sequence 5 times. And nothing is changing. 

3 REPLIES 3

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@LSBH 

To Port your number, both your prior and current provider accounts need to be active.

You need to keep the SIM card in your device from your old provider.

They will send you a port authorization text which you must respond yes to within 90 minutes. 

Then you replace the old provider sim card with the new provider Sim card, reboot your device, and you'll be good to go.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

You have to keep ur old SIM card in phone and reply yes to the request for transfer from your old provider 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LSBH 

Contact an agent.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.

Edit:  If you clear your cache and open a new browser window in incognito for self service does the sim number match your new sim?

Need Help? Let's chat.