cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sim card detected

Lildonna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
So I was sitting on my phone in the middle.of texting when an icon popped. Up and said no Sim detected... my bill was just paid not long ago and I turned off the phone took out the battery and my Sim card waiting about 2 in put it back in and still the same thing. I cannot make any calls or send any msgs my phone says emergency calls only please help me with this matter asap as I have no phone until this matter is fixed
23 REPLIES 23

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@hjhrkh just the act of removing and reinserting your SIM may help give it a better "connection" if you haven't done that already.

But while it's out, try cleaning the SIM's contacts with a pencil eraser, or better with isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip before reinserting and see if it helps.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hjhrkh wrote:

I don't have another phone I can try it in right not, but I will ask my friend to see if they have extra phone I can test it in. It happens really randomly at no specific time so I guess I have to try another phone for a long time.
either way, something would have to be replaced right?

Correct, either the phone or your sim. Ensure your friend’s phone is unlocked unless the  phone was already used with Telus, Koodo or Public Mobile.

hjhrkh

I don't have another phone I can try it in right not, but I will ask my friend to see if they have extra phone I can test it in. It happens really randomly at no specific time so I guess I have to try another phone for a long time.
either way, something would have to be replaced right?

@hjhrkh  do you have another phone lying around or that you can borrow from someone to use?..

If it doesn't happen on another phone than you know it's a hardware issue with your phone. If it happens on the other phone than its a sim issue....

hjhrkh

Hi, 

Sorry I know this is an old thread, but I am currently having the same issue. My phone keeps sending me to my lock screen and saying there is no sim card detected. The problem goes away for a couple hours to days if I restart my phone, but that doesn't seem to be an efficient fix. It's been happening for a month or two now, it's now happening every few days. I've had both my phone and PM sim card for probably 3 years now.

Does anyone know if its my phone or the sim card that is the issue? 

nonclassical
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This could also happen if the phone you use was locked to a cartain network. A tmobile android device for instance. Unlocking the device fixes the problem.

@Lildonna Sounds like the next step is for you to switch your account to a new SIM (once you get it). If you still continue to face the problem even with the new SIM, please post on here and @Moid_I will jump in and help some more.

Lildonna

i tried to do the manual network search but it wont even give me the option to because it says no sim it says i must insert a sim to check for networks.. looks like im just gonna have to wait for a new sim to arrive hopefully it dosent take to long. thanks for your help everyone.

Lildonna

i did try the sim in another phone the day it happened and it said invalid sim. i haver noticed that you guys have a new 3 in 1 sim i do not have that sim card could that be why my sim stopped working? Maybe i need to update my sim? i placed an order for one just incase.

Lildonna

i have not triedto manually search for the network. i will however and let you know what happens thanks

Lildonna

thanks you for you help i can log into my self serve account with no problems.

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Lildonna Have you tried to manually search for network on your phone? or if you can try SIM card in different phone?

Let us know please if any of these options work. 

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello @Lildonna,

This is definitely a frustrating situation. Public mobile staff do work on the weekends, but shortened hours. From what you have said, it has been over 48 hours, so hopefully a community manager, @Mansi_G@Moid_I , @Jeremy_M or @Caroline_B can help escalate your issue with PM.

Hopefully it is a simple issue on PM's side, but due the sudden nature of your service being removed, it sounds like it might be a SIM card issue. It takes 3-7 business days to get a new card, so it might be worth it to go ahead and order a new SIM card (you will NOT lose your number). Hopefully, PM will get back to you soon and if the problem is the SIM card, then you'll be ready with a new one.

Also, I didn't see any mention about your self-serve account - have you been able to login and confirm your account status?

Lildonna
Still no luck with my phone I have not heard back from public is this because it is the weekend? Someone please help I have no service until the issue of my Sim card is resolved

Lildonna

thanks for the advice. unfortunately i tried that several times and have had no luck 😞 Starting to feel hopelss. Sim still not detected problem still not resovlved someone please help!!

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lildonna wrote:

i tired the sim in another phone that was purchased from a public mobile store before they closed,  and it said invalid sim. (the phone is a moto g) My phone has not gotten wet and yes my phone works on your network its the same phone you guys have on my account i have not changed phones. i was siiting in my room on my bed using my phone for texting when this happen. i have the samsung galaxy core lte i have no clue why this has happened please help resolve the issue asap. thank you for your help.

That's so strange.

Three days ago, my wife used my phone with her Simcard, because her phone was out of battery and my phone is unlocked. After she made some calls and return the phone to me, I plug PM simcard back, something happened. It shows "Out of service" - "Emergency call only". So I remove battery,remove simcard and pulg them again for five times... Then it was working....

So maybe you can try more times. Good luck. I'm so sorry to hear that...

@Lildonna - my pleasure! I hope one of the community managers jumps in sometime real soon now and offers some help/advice!

Lildonna

yes i sent public mobile an e-mail using the contact us option hopefully this will be resolved 😞   thanks again to those who have tried to help or give suggestions it is greatly appreciated.

@Lildonna wrote:

i pm public mobile as well to see what they say about the issue..

@Lildonna Do you mean you have sent an email to Public Mobile through the Contact Us link? If you haven't, you should go ahead and do it.

Hopefully one of the community managers here will jump in and advise you further, as well.

Lildonna

it is indeed a very unusual situation it has never happened to me before. hopefully someone can help i pm public mobile as well to see what they say about the issue.. im hoping it can be fixed i dont want to have to get a new sim and change my # 😞 thanks for your help... issue still not resolved however hopefully it will be!!

@Lildonna This is a very unusual issue.

Given the inexplicable nature of the problem, I wonder if @Mansi_G@Jeremy_M, or @Moid_I may have some insight into how this can be resolved.

Usually we'd ask you to just email PM support - but I'm not sure if this issue is even something that they can resolve. Hopefully one of the community managers above will be able to shed some light on the topic.

Lildonna

i tired the sim in another phone that was purchased from a public mobile store before they closed,  and it said invalid sim. (the phone is a moto g) My phone has not gotten wet and yes my phone works on your network its the same phone you guys have on my account i have not changed phones. i was siiting in my room on my bed using my phone for texting when this happen. i have the samsung galaxy core lte i have no clue why this has happened please help resolve the issue asap. thank you for your help.

Ferinthul

Any possible way you can check the SIM in a different phone?

The phone was working before, so the phone is unlocked and working on Public mobiles network (Telus), right?

Did the phone get wet?

Need Help? Let's chat.