cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

omidgh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just signed up and My phone shows No Service. It said my phone is compatible when I signed up and I followed all the instructions for APN, but still no service. I have Apple iPhone 6S (A1688) which is unlocked. Please help.

11 REPLIES 11

omidgh

Moderator helped with stuck port and everything is working fine now.

Lochness88

Try restarting the phone or a factory reset if those don’t solve the issue pm a moderator or even call Apple or visit an Apple store (if it’s a phone issu)

@omidgh wrote:

Yes, the old SIM has automatically been cancelled. I tried it and it no longer works. I also called the carrier and they said it is cancelled. So, the porting is taking way longer than it should. No response from moderators yet.

This is definitely an indication of a stuck port.  The moderator team should be able to resubmit the port.  Don't worry, if the private message has been sent, it will be in the queue.  Hopefully you will be up and running shortly. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@omidgh it sounds like you have encountered an activation error.  You need to reach out to the moderator team ASAP for assistance.  Please see @mimmo's reply above for the instructions.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

omidgh

Yes, the old SIM has automatically been cancelled. I tried it and it no longer works. I also called the carrier and they said it is cancelled. So, the porting is taking way longer than it should. No response from moderators yet.

@omidgh wrote:

Yes, I tried restarting a couple of times and also verified the APN settings. Still no service. I even tried the SIM in another unlocked phone and still no service. I think the number is not activated because when I call my number (ported) it says it is not accepting incoming connections.

You did not mention that your activation includes a number port.  Try using your old SIM and if it still works it means the port is still in progress.  Once the old SIM stops working then this service should work.  Porting can take a couple of hours to complete.  If it takes longer than that, then generally it means a stuck port and the moderator team can resubmit the port.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@omidghsend mods message now to get in queue.  remember to include your pin or other verification info to speed up the process.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

omidgh

Yes, it shows as Active and I tried reseating the SIM. I even tried it on another unlocked phone. Still no service. When I try to call my number (ported) it says it is not accepting incoming calls. The moderator contact is only available during business hours. So, I have to wait.

omidgh

Yes, I tried restarting a couple of times and also verified the APN settings. Still no service. I even tried the SIM in another unlocked phone and still no service. I think the number is not activated because when I call my number (ported) it says it is not accepting incoming connections.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I just want to confirm that the self serve portal shows your new account to be in active status.  However, your phone shows no service when the SIM card is inserted.  Try reseating the SIM card.  If there's some sort of network setting that can be reset give that a try.  If this doesn't work, please contact the moderator team for additional support.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

donm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

did you restart your phone...if that does not work double check the apn settings and that you have public mobile set as the default carrier in apn settings

Need Help? Let's chat.