cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service problem after "successfully" porting to an activated SIM? Stuck in Limbo!

nwinkler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had submitted this via the email form, as well as have tried PM's to both @Saray_O and @Shazia_K but I'm dead in the water, so I'm also posting here out of desp6666666666666eration.

I had successfully activated the SIM last week and and took a Public Mobile # to avoid any problems with porting over at the same time.  I've also checked my credit card and the charge has posted several days ago.

This morning I had attempted to port my number from Rogers to my unlocked iPhone 6 (purchased outright from Apple retail).  I provided my Rogers account #, the IMEI and my name, etc.

The port said it was successful, however I currently have no services on my Public Mobile SIM.

The self-serve portal does show that the # I have ported in is attributed to my account.

Incoming calls no longer reach my Rogers voicemail ; My old Rogers SIM now shows "no service" - it appears that the port out from Rogers was successful.

Calling my # that I ported from Rogers now reaches a message that says "six U C 3 - the number you have reached is not in service".  If I try to call the PublicMobile number that I was initially assigned last week, I receive someone else's personalized voicemail -- they must have grabbed that number today after my porting.

At this point I have no cellular voice or data service, and incoming calls to my ported # are not being accepted by Public Mobile.  People have emailed me saying that they've tried to call me, but they think I've cancelled my number.

Help!

16 REPLIES 16

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Make a new thread @Civic_E and tag any moderator otherwise they will unlikely notice your post.

Civic_E
I am having the exact same issue. Please help me

nwinkler

Hi @Shazia_K,

Thank you so much for handing this off to the tech team -- I'm now up & running with inbound & outbound calling, data services, and will setup my voicemail message shortly.

One of your tech team has also emailed me directly and I will reply back to him right after this.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @nwinkler

I'm really sorry about this!

I see that the port completed yesterday, rest assured that there is a minor issue which occurred right after the port completed.

I have sent a ticket to our tech team, please periodically reboot your phone in about 45 minutes to 1 hour and everything should be working just fine.

Please let us know how it goes by posting here. 

Thanks,

Shazia 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

nwinkler

Replying to my own thread for tracking purposes to the community.

I've power cycled the phone 3 times this morning, reseated SIM, etc.  Verified all the APN info is correct.

Still no service at all -- no outbound calling, no inbound calling, no voicemail, no data.

Calling my ported # of  (which shows in the PM "My Plan & Add-ons" screen) reaches a message that says "six U C 2 - the number you have reached is not in service".

This is an alarming problem --- my 5 year old's school has my number as the emergency contact, and now they can't reach me at all, or even leave a voicemail that I could call into to check on.

I have elderly parents in another province that have no way to contact me.  Those 2 are the most important problems that dwarf the fact that I use this number for client's to contact me as well.

I realize that I'm one of many in this boat, but it appears that my PM's to Mods with the boilerplate info to get the ball rolling have not been responded to, my submission to the support webform has no been replied to.

Please, please @Shazia_K@Saray_O@Dave_M anyone --- please escalate/hand off my issue to the "port team" that I've seen referred to by Mods in some of the responses....

nwinkler
Thanks imcphers. I'll check in the morning and update this thread, since I don't think there's any other ticketing system in place for PM to track the timeframe of ongoing issues.

imcphers

@nwinkler

Try restarting your phone again in the morning - some folks are finding ports are taking a really long time - hopefully it will sort itself out overnight.

Sorry for the frustrating experience - it will get fixed - hopefully your issue is addressed quickly 😞

imcphers

@nwinkler

Try restarting your phone again in the morning - some folks are finding ports are taking a really long time - hopefully it will sort itself out overnight.

Sorry for the frustrating experience - it will get fixed - hopefully your issue is addressed quickly 😞

Shutdown

You will have to wait till tomorrow for a moderator. According to this: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit... their hours are

• Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)

Nvm thought it was weekend for some reason lol.

nwinkler

...and yes under "My Plan & Add-ons" the phone number displayed is the one I ported in from Rogers this morning.

Thanks again

nwinkler

Yes - mobile internet is listed as sp.mb.com

Shutdown

If you can log into your account go to your account settings. After that go to plan detail. Then check if it says your phone number is the same one that you just tried to port there?

Shutdown
Check your APN settings on your phone make sure it is correct and using public mobiles.

imcphers

Oh dear, that does not sound good.  It looks like you've done everything correctly but for some reason the port is stuck.

The wait to get issues like this resolved is a bit long due to number of activations.  Hopefully you have provided all the required info in your message so they can work on it as soon as it is read.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

nwinkler

Hi imcphers - thanks for your reply.

I have tried removing/reinstalling the SIM as well as power cycling the phone - no difference.  

I've also tried it in my husband's unlocked Nexus 5x which also has a newly active PublicMobile SIM that he has yet to port into (and he's now afraid to try - lest we have zero phones working).

I did the porting this morning - probably coming up on 6 hours ago.   

I can understand that having partial service can be indicative of the process being in motion (eg - having mobile data working, outgoing calls appear as your ported #, but you don't yet receive calls to the ported #).

...but I have no cell service at all -- can't make a call, can't receive a call, no data services.

As far as Rogers is concerned my number no longer reaches their voicemail system, and my old Rogers SIM has shown "no service" for the last 5 or 6 hours, so it looks like they have handed everything to PM, but PM has not attached anything to me.

imcphers

Couple of things to try - remove SIM and re-install - power cycle phone.

How long have you been waiting for the port to complete?

Need Help? Let's chat.