cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM Card

Jarvis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there I have a new account. I ordered I SIM card and have received it. I have put the SIM card in my phone. I have activated my account online with public mobile. My phone says there is no SIM card in it. The phone I am using is new to me, but was given to me by someone who used it with Public Mobile, and I did check to see if it was compatiable and it showed up that it should be compatable with this network. I did ask to switch over my old number to this phone. I activated my account 2 days ago.  My account shows as paid when I log into my account.

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

if the sim works in a differnt phone and not in another one then its a phone issue. 

make sure the sim is nice and flat in teh adapter and then put it in the phone. 

Going to get heck... but you could try a piece of tape on the back of the sim and if that pushes it out that little extra to make contact with the phone pins. 

if you put other sim cards in the motoola what happens?

Jarvis

I just tried it in another phone and the SIM worked.  But I am still not sure if it is the card or phone, because in the phone it worked in I only used the inside of the SIM card (newer iphone), but in the Motorola it is housed in a bigger card, so it is still possible that there is an issue with the card right?

@Jarvis wrote:

Account Status is Active

The left corner says No SIM card - emergancy calls only.

I have turned off phone and reinsereted card twice. No change.

When I go into settings and then phone information everything is listed as unavailable including network and phone number.

I suspect the phone is bad and not able to detect the SIM card. 

Jarvis

Account Status is Active

The left corner says No SIM card - emergancy calls only.

I have turned off phone and reinsereted card twice. No change.

When I go into settings and then phone information everything is listed as unavailable including network and phone number.

mimmo

Hi @Jarvis  to me there are possible issues. damaged/faulty sim or the phone is not reading it.  

can you try the sim card in a different phone?  if yes and there are no issues then its a phone issue. if it says no sim in a different phone then its a sim issue. I would go to a ocal retailer and buy a sim and do a sim swap in self serve. 

Jarvis

Motorola Moto G Second Generation 6.0

I entered the IME number in the check if your phone is compatable section and it said it was.

popping

@Jarvis wrote:

Hi there I have a new account. I ordered I SIM card and have received it. I have put the SIM card in my phone. I have activated my account online with public mobile. My phone says there is no SIM card in it. The phone I am using is new to me, but was given to me by someone who used it with Public Mobile, and I did check to see if it was compatiable and it showed up that it should be compatable with this network. I did ask to switch over my old number to this phone. I activated my account 2 days ago.  My account shows as paid when I log into my account.

Login to your account. 

Is your account status active?

If yes, is your phone showing "Public Mobile" on top left of your phone?

If no, re-insert your SIM card and restart your phone.

Is your phone showing your old phone number ported from your previous provider?

If yes, can you call out or send out text message?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What brand and model is the phone ?

Need Help? Let's chat.