cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data

WKFord
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have Samsung Core LTE G386W.   

Just signed up my wife and I and her Moto phone works fine but mine has No data.  Was on Telus before so this shouldnt be an issue. 

Have created an APN that was suggested by others in different threads but to no avial. 

Under Network operators I have clicked on Public Mobile and it comes up registered.  Turned the phone on and off, put on airplane mode, took the sim card out and started the phone but nothing seems to work.

Any other suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@malynowm wrote:

I hope someone can help!

I just activated my $25 plan with 500Mb + 500Mb data (I signed up for autopay. I have phone and text but no data. I checked my account and it says 500Mb + 500Mb Data included. I triple checked APN settings according to LG X Power table settings. I powered down the phone, removed the SIM card, waited one minute and rebooted. Still, NO DATA. What can I do? Please help

I've read that LG's need some level of resetting to work. Network, factory. Not sure. I think it's the deeper one.

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

@

@malynowm wrote:

I hope someone can help!

I just activated my $25 plan with 500Mb + 500Mb data (I signed up for autopay. I have phone and text but no data. I checked my account and it says 500Mb + 500Mb Data included. I triple checked APN settings according to LG X Power table settings. I powered down the phone, removed the SIM card, waited one minute and rebooted. Still, NO DATA. What can I do? Please help

@malynowm 

You can try a network reset first.  Some LG phones.....  need to do a factory reset.  (Make sure to backup information first)

malynowm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I hope someone can help!

WKFord

Thanks.   I had filled in the APN stuff from another thread and it contained a few extra lines to enter so I deleted those and now its working.  

bananniiee

Did you try the suggestion above? Swapping sims with your wife and seeing if it's a Sim or Hardware issue? I had this issue before and it was resolved only after resetting my phone back to default. Hope this is not the case for you.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Try going into your account and reporting your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found then restart your phone.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@WKFord 

Does your talk and text work? 

Maybe try network reset.  

Check the APN Setting for your phone by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone, scroll down the page and then select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Swap Sims with your wife. This will determine account VS hardware issues. 

Have you tried network setting reset?

Assuming Dara is on, and not limit has been reached. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@WKFord  Can you post screenshots of your APN settings? Even a slightest error can make data to not work. Be sure to hide any personal info. 

Need Help? Let's chat.