cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly activated/ported account not working at all...

hunterdanes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported my number from Fido to Public Mobile. I pre-paid for 3 months for unlimited voice in canada, unlimited international text and 3+3GB of 3G data. Payment went through and it looks like the account was successfully created (although it took about 5 minutes to process before it completed.) 

I popped the SIM in my phone. I added the new access point name as specified on this site and selected it. I got the text from PM saying that my number was successfully ported. 

I'm using an unlocked phone that has worked with Bell and Fido so I'm assuming this will work with Telus/Public Mobile too...

The problem I'm having is that nothing works... I can't call out. All calls to me go straight to voice mail (the public mobile voice mail, not the fido one I had before, so at least I know it was ported to PM). I can't text. I can't receive texts. I can't use data (tried a website, tried instagram, tried a few other apps, none can connect.)

It has been a day since I did this. When my husband ported his phone over, it all worked after about 15 minutes so I know something is wrong...

Please help! I sent a private message to @Moderator_Team but I got no replies yet. It is within the hours that they say they're online (6am PDT, so 9am EDT.)

16 REPLIES 16

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fran, you need to be more specific as to what doesn't work.  If you have voice and text,  can you make outgoing calls or send texts.  If outgoing works, but you can't receive, then your number port has failed.  If that's the case, then you will need to contact the moderators team so that they can get it fixed. Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.  Also,  you have posted to a very old topic.  You should always start a new topic,  so that your issue gets all the attention it deserves. 

fran

Re: ported from telus and nothing works now

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chayes128 please send a private message to the moderator team for assistance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

chayes128

I am also having the same issue, cant even log int my service account

drasokas

I am having the same issue, and can't even login to my self serve to check things out.  Just sent a PM to a mod so hopefully will be resolved soon.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @hunterdanes,

thank you for bringing this to our attention!

After looking into it, I can see that everything has been resolved 🙂

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Send a msg to mod they will manually reset your login issue

Send a private message with your ph#, and your email to mod along your details explaination and they will get back to you.   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

jamieswallow

I set up a new account and made a payment on my credit. Now, I am not able to log into the account.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hazel-Leroux please use this link to send a private message to the moderator_team for assistance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hazel-Leroux

Need help activating. Paid for 3 months and on auto pay. But no service

Hazel-Leroux

Need help activating. Paid for 3 months and on auto pay. But no service

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @hunterdanes,

I just sent a private message to you, please read it, and write me back with the requested information.

Thank you!

Gregory

hunterdanes

Hours are ticking away and still no reply from @CS_Agent. How long does it normally take to get a reply?

And how long should I wait before I abandon this whole attempt by calling my credit card company to cancel the payment and switching to another carrier?

@hunterdanes, I understand your frustration.  The moderators work on cases as they are received so they are probably resolving issues that have come in before yours and will get to you in the order of your request was received.  Sending multiple messages will just increase the line of "requests for help"

I am not saying it is acceptable but this is the service model we must be prepared for by choosing PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hunterdanes
What do I have to do to get help on here??? It's well within the hours that the moderators are supposed to be online (10:45am Eastern on a Thursday.) I sent two private messages to @CS_Agent and have received no reply...

I've been without phone service for over 14 hours now!!!

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
If you already send a msg to mod then they will get back to you soon with solution hopefully
Did you send a private msg or emailed
Here's how to send a private msg
Send a private message with your ph#, and your email to mod along your details explaination and they will get back to you.   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.