cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly Purchased SIM Card is "Invalid"

Brick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
So I decided to try out this provider, turns out the SIM that I purchased is invalid? How exactly does this happen? Hardly gives me any confidence considering this is literally the first step of the entire process; sending me a working SIM card that I've already paid for. Can I get a refund? Can I fix this? Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad to hear it worked.

Brick

Thanks everyone for the support, I cleaned up my cache and it seemed to do the trick; I haven't had to do that for a very long time haha. Glad it was a simple fix and not an actual faulty SIM card!

sometimes its due to users browser, sometimes it might be its damaged or used.  

Try it on diferent browser, or contact mod to find out if the number is used.

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

how could that happen? Did you try to message Mod_team? They should give you good answer.

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have been suspecting the person who wrote the codes had MS Internet Explorer in mind - try Internet Explorer to see if it works. I had an issue with activation and only IE let me go through the process. If it still not woking, please try mod_team to sort it out. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Sorry about your experience, please do not give up. I had two lines ported over from another provider. One was smooth sailing the other one took 2 days to finally get it working. 

jp2

I've seen others recommend clearing your cache/history to make some browsers work with the PM website 

jp2

I'm not sure about that browser. Others, including me, however have had issues with chrome. Try using incognito mode on google chrome 

Brick

Up to date firefox, and directly from the website.

jp2

What Internet browser are you using?

Where did you buy the sim from?

Brick

Yep, tried it multiple times. The code from the freshly purchased SIM is invalid. I just now took it out of the packaging to activate a plan, I bought it last week.

jp2

The activation page gave you an invalid sim message?

Need Help? Let's chat.