cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly Activated Public Mobile Sim is Not Working

nooresadaf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday, I had ported my mobile number from Fido to Public mobile but still my Public mobile Sim is not working and sim is not able to get a call.

I also surprised my Fido SIM is still working even after porting on Public mobile.

I also could not login my Public mobile account using "Account Log In" screen and I thought maybe I was using a wrong password so I tried to use "Forgot your password?" option but I was getting following error message,

Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

I got an email from Public mobile about my account activation but the next payment date was 07/01/2017 even yesterday I paid total amount for next three months!

I also noticed that after inserting Public mobile sim into my phone, I got a message from Public mobile that in my plan Text Messages are not included even in my selected plan "unlimitted talk and text" messages were included. @Shazia_K,

Thanks,

Noor

31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Indrak, Did you have any problems when you activated your SIM and set up your account?  Are you able to log into your self serve account and check what plan it shows?  If the self serve account shows your proper plan, and you have no service on the phone (even though you were able to receive a text from Public mobile), you might need to send a private message to the moderator team so that they can fix this for you.  You can also check your credit card details to see if you were charged during activation (assuming you didn't use vouchers).

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Lastly, you have posted to a very old topic.  In the future, you should always start a new topic.  This gives your issue the most exposure, and will usually get faster responses.

Indrak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I'm having same issue, have registered my new sim that I got in the mail

but when inserted in the phone got a txt to fill sim activation online form

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

that's fine, no data required - as long as cellular settings are enabled. Those are requirements of being able to send/receive MMS!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Perfect, that's what I thought. 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

No, an open data connection does not mean he needs a data plan. As long as you have a text messaging plan, you should be able to send/receive MMS - you just need an open data connection (cellular data on, even if we have no data plan) @Rockdaddy22 😉

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
This customer only has talk and text

Rockdaddy22
Does that mean he hasn't to pay for data, I didn't think that was necessary to send an mms? @Mary_M

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @nooresadaf,

thank you for reaching out to us !

In order for MMS to work, you need to have an open data connection (this means you need to enable your cellular data). Your APN settings will also need to be set; please make sure you follow Luddite's in regards to the MMS APN 🙂 

You can also view this post in regards to MMS APN: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-send-or-receive-MMS/m-p/67317#M1705...

I hope this helps,

Mary

Rockdaddy22
We'll have to revisit this tomorrow

nooresadaf

Hi,

as per your recommendations, i did almost same settings on my phone even I enabled data option but without Wi-Fi still I could not send picture message!

thanks,

iPhone 4's cannot set data access manually running iOS 8 or earlier. Using Safari on wifi go here and follow the directions to install Public Mobile's APN.

When using MMS, and picture messaging, cellular data MUST be turned on. There will be no data charges.

Messaging setup as follows: Settings >> Messaging >> iMessage on, Send as SMS on, MMS Messaging on, Group Messaging on >> Send & Receive should show your Public Mobile number as well as any iCloud email address.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

nooresadaf
I have just talk and text plan without data option.

Thanks,
Noor

Rockdaddy22
Have you tested your data, if you have data. Turn off wifi and try and open a couple websites.

I have a feeling it's an apn issue

nooresadaf
I have iPhone 4s.

Thanks,
Noor

Rockdaddy22
Do you mind telling us what kind of phone you have?

nooresadaf

Thanks, exactly not sure what was the issue but now at least i could send and receive simple text message but still i could not send and receive picture message.

Thanks,

Noor

Rockdaddy22
You must be talking bout iMessage or something. It sounds like your data might not be working.

nooresadaf

I checked, once i turned off home Wi-Fi and tried to sent some messages but messages were not delivered.

secondly when I went outside then without home Wi-Fi i was not able to send and receive messages and when my phone was connected back with Wi-Fi then i received all missed messages.

Thanks,

Noor

@nooresadaf No, you cannot send text messages with wifi that show in your PM text message record. Your messaging seems to be working based on PM's records.

Why do you think messaging is not working?

What is make/model of your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
Text messages do not work over wifi. Can you send a normal text message?

nooresadaf

I sent all those messages with Wi-Fi connection so not sure without Wi-Fi, how I could send messages!

Thanks,

Noor

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @nooresadaf

Sorry to hear about this! 

After taking a look at your account, I went back looking from June 28th to today and all of your text messages are being delivered to you as well as the one sent. 

Can you please clarify the exact issue? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
3 weeks later? How could this be?

nooresadaf

Only messages are not working.

Rockdaddy22
Any updates here?

Rockdaddy22
Please try and be patient it's a very busy time right now. Does your fido sim still work? If so keep using it until we get this solved for you. Please keep us updated on your progress

nooresadaf

Thanks, I have posted a private message to the moderators but still no reply!

Regards,

Noor

Sajidur
Please contact one of the moderators by private message to help you out with this issue.
Please include these following informations
1. Registered Public Mobile email address
2. IMEI number of the Public Mobile sim
3. Your Public Mobile registered phone number
4. Detail message explaining the issue.

Thank you

Rustynayl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can confirm that nooresadaf has submitted the port request, as I referred him to Public Mobile. I also received the text message confirming the friend referall reward. So It's gotta be something wrong with the port from Fido to PM. Hopefully the mod reads this post soon!

andriko

Hi there. 

I just had a look at a number of recent posts. 

It seems to me that there is a current gap or issue between the sim card activation and the porting/ active use of data/text/phone. 

My guess is that this issue is well known by all of the Moderators, and that their is much energy and resources being given to this problem. 

Sadly, for many folks who are just leaving their previous carriers and joining Public Mobile, this is a less than ideal starting point. 

From expereince, I think thatg some patience will go a long way as a means to a happy resolution. 

Of course, no data/text/phone can be a shock to the system, this minor inconvenience will likely be resolved in short order. Perhaps this is an opportunity to think about one's own digital resilience. If you have joined the community, welcome to a world of support, where you can momentarily grieve together, and then celebrate when the connection resumes. 

I would caution anyone against ranting, raving, and rampaging against the idea of Public Mobile because of this temporary inconvenience and rather ask, what can I do to be an effective member of the community? 

@Mary_M @andriko

Need Help? Let's chat.