cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subscription SIM card error?

jchua
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I'm reviewing the new promo and was looking to port in my number from Zoomer to PM. I don't want to purchase a new physical sim card since I already have one, but apparently when I select the option to say "I already have a sim card", the digits don't match up? Do I have to use the sim card provided by PM? 

7 REPLIES 7

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, you will need a new/unused Public mobile sim. You can also choose to use eSim now if your phone supports that.

Don't forget to use a referral code when you setup your account 😉

jchua

Got it. Thanks! 

@jchua   You need to get a new PM one.  Quickest way is either Amazon or go to a corporate Telus/Koodo store and buy one (call ahead to check stock), ordering from PM often has a long delivery time.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You’d need a Public Mobile SIM, if your phone is compatible I believe eSIM are free as of right now.

jchua

aww, ok. Thanks! I was wondering if I was previously with PM and still kept their physical SIM card, can I use that? Or do I have to make a new purchase for the physical sim? 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@jchua   You can't use the Zoomer sim you have to use a PM sim.  All the carriers require their own specific sim card.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you need SIM from PM. It could be either physical SIM or eSIM if your phone is compatible. Be aware that eSIM is not transferrable from phone to phone while physical SIM is.

Need Help? Let's chat.