cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone number

brynnhs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated a phone number with public mobile it works normally but when I try and add it to my apple ID (I have an iphone 6) it says it cannot verify the phone number because it is already being used on another account. 

Not sure how to move forward from here?

6 REPLIES 6

@brynnhs  glad everything is sorted out. 

Welcome to Public Mobile and enjoy the savings!

brynnhs

Turns out it was an apple issue. I had to register the new number in imessage and facetime before it would connect properly to my apple id. Very weird!

@brynnhs  Keep us posted!

brynnhs

I thought this was the solution but I successfully deregistered and it is still doing the same thing. I am wondering if it could have auto-registered to a different email/apple ID because I have several. 

If I cannot check this and fix it I will try the new phone number. Thanks!

@gblackma  I don't believe the OPs question is asking this.

I believe the OP means when they signed up with a new number that PM issued they can't add the number to their iPhone account as the number is already being used by someone else. @brynnhs  is this correct?

If that is your issue. It sounds as if the last person that had the phone number never deregistered the number from their iMessage/Apple id

Please go to link below and deregister the phone number from all accounts. I believe a text confirmation will be sent to your phone since you have the number now. So you can remove iMessage/ Apple id.

Then once it is removed go back and add the number to your Apple account.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Or you can try changing the number to another number. You're allowed one number change per 30 days. You can do it in your account. Log into your account and click "change number" 

Orange arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Welcome to Public Mobile. If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus the credit will be applied to your account within 72 hours of activating.

Have a good day!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@brynnhs sync to iTunes to push through changes to your Apple account.
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

Need Help? Let's chat.