cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cell phone I can't use it

auxaurus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I just bought this new cell phone Vernee Thor. The phone is unlock and suppose to work on the public mobile network. 

More information on the phone here: 

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_343579.html

Public mobile web site cannot find the IMEI, maybe because it's still a recent phone (the phone have been release this summer I think) 

My new sim card works on my old phone, so the sim card should be ok. My new cell phone sees the sim card, but seems not able to find any service. 

Can I find a way to make it work?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
As long as you are okay with slower data you should be fine. Band 7 LTE is used in some areas but I couldn't tell you where specifically. You may get faster LTE data in some area(s).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

auxaurus

Band is 3 and 7, If it's work I will go with this one... I don't find any other phone that could work at a good price. 

srlawren

Hi @auxaurus,

3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz CDMA 2000 BC0

I believe WCDMA on 850/1900 should work on PM's HSPA 3G 850/1900 network okay.  This will give you talk, text, and slower-than-HSPA 3G data speeds

4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz

Sadly you will not get LTE 4G data speeds.  What you want is Band 4, which operates on 1700 AND 2100 MHz.  With 2100 on this phone, you would only get data moving in one direction, which will not work.    You may actually get some band 7 signal in some areas of the country, if the 2600MHz they list is indeed band 7.  WIth 4G, you really need to know the bands more than the frequencies, but the site you linked doesn't seem to show the bands.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

auxaurus

Do you I think this one can work?

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_367773.html

srlawren

@auxaurus this is unfortunate indeed, but that phone appears to be targetted at another region.  If in doubt, you can always come here to ask about compatibility before making a purchase--we're always happy to help. 

auxaurus

PM 4g LTE work on 2100 also I think

But yes the PM 3g is not compatible and explain why it's dont work.  

thank you

UncleBill

According to the phone's specs:

3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

this phone won't work on PM.

PM required:

3G: 850/1900MHz

4G: FDD-LTE band 4(1700)

Litvinau_A
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One of the reasons not to buy anything noname (except noname food)

What they tell you in description is always a lie!

Try Orchard or Kijiji for a brand name phone.

Yes, it'll be more expensive, but phone is a phone and we spend way too much time on it for it to be a junk chine fake phone

Need Help? Let's chat.