cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation

Kikikeeks
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a SIM card from a phone Mobile store specifically for public mobile I bought it during the promotion where you get the second one free but when I got home I had so much trouble with the card and after about two weeks of trying I finally got the card in and was able to get it activated and set up my account. I created my online community name which is Kikikeeks and used the same email address for the promotion for the second month free I got through the whole process of activating the SIM card picking the phone number Billing I've already been charged for a month and when I go to use my phone it just picks up my TextNow number and it's like it doesn't even recognize that I have a public mobile phone number activated and a SIM card activated. I tried using Simon but when I try and put the request through with the issues I have the box to submit stays greyed out so I am unable to submit anything through Simon. I'm at my wit's end with this I'm about to demand my money back plus tell everyone I possibly can to stay far away from this company cuz this is ridiculous how can it charge me give me a phone number and then it not work?

14 REPLIES 14

Eillibsniknej

I agree, this does sound more like a hardware issue, especially not reading the sim in the first place. Would highly recommend trying the sim in a different phone and checking it works there. As for the wifi, any phone will connect to wifi connection that it can access, with or without a sim so unfortunately that doesn’t say much

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kikikeeks wrote:

Initially the Sim was activated and I was able to generate a phone number and connect to the network and then all the sudden it disappeared and I haven't been able to reconnect tried restarting and troubleshooting will try new SIM card

When you looked for compatibility, did you also look at the step below that for whether the phone is marked as lost or stolen? Or try devicecheck.ca.

Did you buy the phone new or used? If used how long ago?

@Kikikeeks If your phone is not displaying any available networks (like mine is in the pic), I don't think a new sim will help you out. Ideally you can check a friends phone for available networks and try your PM sim in their phone hopefully unlocked. If it isn't unlocked at least you would see if the sim is detected.

Kikikeeks

Initially the Sim was activated and I was able to generate a phone number and connect to the network and then all the sudden it disappeared and I haven't been able to reconnect tried restarting and troubleshooting will try new SIM card

@Kikikeeks wrote:

The phone is not recognizing does SIM card now and does not detect a network I have not been able to place one call or send one text when I look under Network it does not say Public Mobile it says No network detected.... I connect to Wi-Fi no problem

@Kikikeeks It sounds like a hardware problem. Your phone should show any networks within range regardless of whether or not it can connect to them. The pic below is my phone;

Screenshot_20201027-082823.png

Try your sim in another phone if you can. If not, maybe a reboot.

Kikikeeks

The phone is not recognizing does SIM card now and does not detect a network I have not been able to place one call or send one text when I look under Network it does not say Public Mobile it says No network detected.... I connect to Wi-Fi no problem

Kikikeeks

Initially my SIM card was detected.... and I was able to pick a phone number and thought I would be taking calls and texts from there from there all of a sudden my phone does not detect the sim I have taken it out and back in numerous times.. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps I paid for service and not been able to make one call or text

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Kikikeeks ,

Do you have any services...texting, internet/data, ...

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Note:

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kikikeeks  Disable textnow from being your default dialer 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you need to contact a moderator then send them a private message.

You can send a private message to a moderator. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kikikeeks 

You can try uninstalling the app, updating your Android OS, restart your phone and see if it works.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kikikeeks  Is there a setting on the TextNow app that makes it your "Default" phone number?  Also, is there possibly a setting on your Phone app that allows you to select your phone service to your PM phone number as opposed to the TextNow number?   

Kikikeeks

Samsung Galaxy S8 and I already did the thing that you do to make sure your phone is compatible and it was fine I was assigned a phone number went through the whole process and when I make a call it just picks up my Text Now app phone number

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kikikeeks 

I can understand your frustration with this. Can you let us know what phone you have and what happens when you try to place a call or send a text.

Need Help? Let's chat.