cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation Porting failed - stuck in limbo

jaylantz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I attempted to port to public yesterday but got a text to go to publicmobile.ca click contact us and complete the sim and activation online form.    I went to publicmobile.ca but there is no contact us link.  I eventually found this:

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

I already filled this form out once previously but only the porting failed so now when I fill it out it says my SIM is invalid.  Likely because it is already being used in my phone, it is the porting which failed not the SIM activiation.  HELP.

I am pretty sure the port was refused as the pin was incorrect.  I don't know how to contact anyone to get this fixed and finished in a timely manor.

6 REPLIES 6

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mugsy are you speaking from experience . Mods are replying 48 hours at the moment in most cases.

Can you elaborate on the account thing? To my knowledge as long as you verify account info ie pin or the other required info mods will look into the issue. I handle at least 5 accounts from one community account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mugsy wrote:

Good luck with this. You have to contact a moderator. Who knows when they might respond? Maybe a week from now. But before you do, you have to first go into your account, then sign up to the community through there. If you try to use a friend's account, they will ghost you, even if you provide your correct account # and pin. Totally irritating to have to jump through the extra hoops when you're just trying to get what you paid for.

So ok you've had an unpleasant experience and now you're running around multiple threads slamming PM. Ok. Whatever makes you feel better. But how about the facts. If someone is posting here then they've already made the community account. Why would someone who is trying to be a customer use someone else's community account when it's free and easy to make a community account?

Edit: If they're self-serving for themselves 🙂 Thanks mimmo_L

Mugsy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good luck with this. You have to contact a moderator. Who knows when they might respond? Maybe a week from now. But before you do, you have to first go into your account, then sign up to the community through there. If you try to use a friend's account, they will ghost you, even if you provide your correct account # and pin. Totally irritating to have to jump through the extra hoops when you're just trying to get what you paid for.

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Porting is almost always a problem with your previous provider or you did not provide the correct information to do the port. You have to provide the billing information specifically as it appeared on your other providers account information or it can cause an issue. You also need to make sure that the account was still active when you attempted the port. If all this was good then definitely follow the instructions above for contacting a Moderator.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Use your old sim till port is complete.

Use account never and account name to port

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So you did the procedure online yesterday?

• Check with your former provider. Does your account still exist? If it does, then resolve the issues (Outstanding balance, wrong account number, etc).
  • Pretty much all the porting issues will require manual intervention. Ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time).

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

Need Help? Let's chat.