cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account and porting number

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I am setting up a new account I get to choose a new phone number.  If I port an existing number can it be done a day or two later or do I have to wait 30 days ?

I have read instructions on this, however I'm confused about whether or not the number can be ported right away.

4 REPLIES 4

@totalUser wrote:

You can do it right away or at any point after you created your account.

You can only do it once in 30 days

The initial one doesn't count, so you can do it 10 mins later after everything is set up and tested.

Don't forget your referral

Welcome to pm

There are in fact zero restrictions on number porting.  You can do as many and as often as you like.  Pure number changes are restricted to once per 30 days. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Dolphin1, number porting can be done during intial activation or as a second step.  Generally, it is a good idea to do number port after initial activation.  It can be done right away.  There are no limitations on number porting and how frequent this can be done.  When entering the porting information, please be careful with entering the account number.  Make sure to exclude the spaces and hyphens, only enter numbers and letters.  No need to include IMEI and PIN code.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You can do it right away or at any point after you created your account.

You can only do it once in 30 days

The initial one doesn't count, so you can do it 10 mins later after everything is set up and tested.

Don't forget your referral

Welcome to pm

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 wrote:

If I am setting up a new account I get to choose a new phone number.  If I port an existing number can it be done a day or two later or do I have to wait 30 days ?

@Dolphin1  It can be done right away.

I have read instructions on this, however I'm confused about whether or not the number can be ported right away.

See above. Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.