cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User, No Service?

Norm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As near as I can tell I've followed all instructions properly. Unlocked Iphone 5s previously with telus. Telus sent me an e-mail and automatically stopped my service after setting up with Public Mobile..

I installed my new PM sim card and turned on my phone. My phone only shows "No Service".

I've tried resetting everything with no luck. Please help this is so frustrating.

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 wrote:

Just curious, what handset model you have?

This maybe the way to determine compatability

@makkahn28 FYI this was stated in the original post.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Norm

Either the moderator fixed it or I got lucky. Either way just started working. Thanks

Just curious, what handset model you have?

This maybe the way to determine compatability

Norm

My phone sees the carrier as "Public Mobile 32.0". But for network "Not Available"

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can try a carrier update:

1. Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
  2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
  3. To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Norm did you check IMEI of your iPhone to make sure it's not blacklisted?

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You may need to have a moderator look into it. Try sending them a DM. Possible the activation failed even if it said it went thru okay. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Norm

Sure did.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When you reset everything did you try resetting your network settings and manually selecting Public Mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.