cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim for 5G doesn't work

Theryguy0615
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Hey everyone:

So I switched to 5G bought a new Sim and completed all the steps to link my Sim, except to activate it it says login to the app to activate and for somE reason I j8st cannot login to the app can so eone plz help me I'm without a phone just gave my son bone marrow for his leukemia and stuck alone in bed, I barely have a WiFi signal cuz its the neighbours I need this activated... Thank you 

57 REPLIES 57

Theryguy0615

hello sometimes I feel real silly but I did manage to change to a 5G plan that starts tomorrow as long as I add funds to my card, it is very inconvenient when the public mobile services do not work, but as long as we get the mission accomplished I guess that's all that counts, I hope it gets fixed soon, but I am still always grateful for the 5 star help from the agents 

@Theryguy0615 

so you were able to login via the app?  What option did you choose to change plan? Change Now or Change on Renewal?

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/change-planhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/change-plan

And you tried to login via a browser as well?

Use the website. Use another browser or device and maybe also incognito mode. You can also buy vouchers in lots of stores or online and dial 611 to enter them (assuming you're mobile by now...hopefully all went well for you) but you can still buy them online. If you are mobile then you can also go to a few stores and use the real time payments method.

Theryguy0615

Is the public mobile app ever gonna be up and running?? I been trying to switch my plan for 4 hours?? I know the agents here do their best and are super amazing! However it's nice 6k be able to do these things quickly and by myself

@Theryguy0615please message support to investigate for you 

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Theryguy0615

No since I signed up with public the app and the my account stuff has maybe worked 3 times for me

@Theryguy0615  Can you not sign into you my account 

Theryguy0615

Hello I need to renew my account but can't remember what plan im on also I need to switch to a 5G data plan can you plz help with that, I can't use my CC cuz idk my 4 digit pin

@Theryguy0615 oh I remember that.  We had a long discussion couple nights ago.

This is an unique situation, I think PM could help.  Please open ticket with them via ticket. Explain the situation and hope for the best.  Message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Theryguy0615

Ty for the response, I only have 1 phone and Recieved bad info on how to do a I'm swap, and bought the second Sim because I was told too by the manager of a Telus store,  if it's possible to put mybryguy account on this new Sim would you do it, I want to carry over my points, my number, my $10 credit etc.... But if not I completely understand! The reason I took the advice of the Telus store manager is because I know public is owned by Telus and that's where I bought the Sim card! I would like to he clear that I was not misinformed by anyone from public Mobile! I completely trust public Mobile and the advice given and. And totally respect and appreciate the time and effort put in by the public Mobile agents!!! 

@Theryguy0615 you want to swap the 2 phone numbers on the 2 sim?  PM usually does not to that as they don't want people to use swap accounts.  But if both are your accounts, why don't you just swap the 2 sim cards from the 2 phones?

Theryguy0615

Good morning, is it possible to compete a Sim swap even tho I screwed up at the beginning and now have 2 active accounts

@Theryguy0615  usually number swap between accounts is not allowed.  But in this case, maybe they can help.  So, press them to escalate.  Tell us how it goes in the end

Theryguy0615

Now I'm hoping CS Can do a real Sim swap and I can use my old number again. It everything works I got 30gb of data I spoke to my son lol and in soooooo happy ty very much for all ur time and effort it try means the world to me

Theryguy0615

The new Sim, I actually logged in to the app on a friend's phone I got in right away and had to select a number to finish activation, so it is a brand new account the activation was not complete cuz I couldn't login to the app on this phone that's why they couldn't find any other account

@Theryguy0615  so, you are using it on the new sim card or old one?

Theryguy0615

Good morning I'm very pleased to let ya know my phone is working, I figured it out this morning, I had to take a new number and I'm hoping I can get the old one back but we can cross that bridge later. Thank you so much for your help yesterday

Theryguy0615

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE THIS THERYGUY0615 I AM SO HAPPPY RO LET EVERYONE KNOW I FIGURED OUT MY ACCOUNT AND HOW TO FIX IT EVEN THO I HAD TO TAKE A NEW NUMBER IT NOW WORKS AND I'M SOOOOO HAPPY! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO OVERWHELMED WITH EMOTION BY ALL OF YOU THAT WE'RE SONEAGER TO HELP ME AND STAYED WITH ME THE WHOLE TIME! I HOPE SO. EDAY WE CAN ALL MEET AND I CAN BUY A ROUD OF BEERS, ALSO I EARNED A MILLION BADGES LAST NIGHT LOL TY TY TY TO EVERYONE XOXO I'M GONNA CALL MY SON

Jax0904

Hello no the recording never did give a balance, there is only 2 accounts it could be its under the ryguy0615 or jax0904

Theryguy0615

Are you able to add the Fu ds to my account? I sent a screenshot showing I have paid

Screenshot_20230605_192243_KOHO.jpg

Theryguy0615

I may have replied to the wrong one I'm sorry. I keep getting authentication errors, plus the recording said I can add funds using a voucher or credit card

Screenshot_20230605_194752_Edge.jpg

@Theryguy0615  While you can continue to troubleshoot here,   I think it is fair to ask Support to check for you

Please  message support directly.  Provide them your old and new sim card numbers, your phone number and ask them to confirm if BOTH of the sim cards are active and ties with different accounts.  If the new one is not active yet, you can ask them to change sim on behalf.  Of course, ask them about the login issue

Message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Theryguy0615

Theryguy0615

I have done everything that's been asked since we started and that's the error message i  keep recieving

The new system is ridiculously slow on the app. I counted up to almost 2 freaking minutes to finish loading everything. Ridiculous. The web page is better. Not great.

Only try the log in with the email address of the old sim account. It's possible you made another account. But we need to identify all of that first.

Adding - go to the sign in link in the upper right and then click on my account. It might be vertical ?? Then try logging in on that.

And how about that 611 recording?

Theryguy0615

I  am truly sorry for all of this

Theryguy0615

This is what I get 

Theryguy0615

When I try to log back in I can't even get that far where it send the code again, it literally just keeps turning turning turning and I tried both accounts

Ok and what is the recording with 611? It sounds like it's suspended. And it should give you a balance if I remember right (when suspended).

Adding - I'm trying to help you with easy step by step processes to identify exactly what your situation is.

@Jax0904 

let's go back and try to confirm what you have done so far

Login back to My Account, and check the Profile page, check the sim number and confirm if you have an old sim card registered on your My Account or the new one

Understand you have trouble getting the 2FA code for logging into My Account.  So,  at the 2FA screen, please press Resend code and the click Send email to have the code send to your email instead

Need Help? Let's chat.