cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM, old network

krysjonaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

I've recently switched SIM cards. My old provider was BellMTS, my new provider is Public Mobile. Both rent space from the Telus, so I was able to keep my old phone number.

Any incoming calls to my number are taken over by BellMTS. My phone does not receive them. Can I fix this?

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3

krysjonaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the answer. I realized that there was some error involving the port that involves a few extra steps. I marked your answer as correct, because it was, but the wrong question was being asked 😂

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@krysjonaz   -How long ago did you initiate your number transfer from your previous provider?  If it is more than a few hours, the transfer might be stuck, and you will need to contact the moderator team to retyr the transfer for you.  If that's the case...

You can click here to send a private message to the moderator team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krysjonaz wrote:

Hi!

I've recently switched SIM cards. My old provider was BellMTS, my new provider is Public Mobile. Both rent space from the Telus, so I was able to keep my old phone number.

Any incoming calls to my number are taken over by BellMTS. My phone does not receive them. Can I fix this?

Thanks for the help!

You're in the midst of the number transfer/porting. You could choose to use the prior SIM until it stops working. That would then tell you that the port is finished and then you can put in your new SIM and it should be done.

If it's been more than a few hours then you might need help from the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.