cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM is here!

lisa30
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi
My new SIM came today 🙂 I had used my vouchers on my previous SIM which I reported that it worked only for two days and stopped. I was told the service will be transferred to my new one. Question: How do I Activate now without the vouchers. Need some help please.
18 REPLIES 18

Lisa301
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Ok thanks everyone all my issues have been addressed and now I will go and enjoy my service☺.
Have a good day everyone!

Lisa301
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thanks I have created my selfserve account and also a new account on the Community to match. Now I'm up and running.

Question: being that I wasn't able to use my service will it still expire on the 11th?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @lisa30

Actually, if no self-serve account has not yet been created, then you must create one (please note that the email used for ordering SIM cards is not your self-serve account)

Unfortunately, we are unauthorized to do this for you, but it's quite simple. Click on the link that @Luddite has provided you with, enter your phone number and follow the steps.

If you still have trouble with this. send me your number and email address by private message.

Cheers!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Not sure if an account was created for you and you just need access; or you need to create one here: My Account under "Need to Create an Account?". Perhaps, @Mary_M could let you know?

Best to wait until she gets back to you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

lisa30
I woke to a working phone this morning thanks guys:)

Just need help with my selfserve account should i create one now?

lisa30
Hi Good Morning this is Lisa and my phone start working this morning. I got my new SIM yesterday and Kalla_A assisted me. Thank you!

I wasn't able to view my selfserve account so cant i now be advise what to do?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Please keep us in the loop, @lisa30.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

We're all sending positive vibes your way. Robot wink

lisa30
I sent some info to Kalla_A so I'm now waiting on what's next with my fingers cross 🙂

@imm1304 Agreed, except I've no idea how that can be done? There seem to be only two options currently:

- create a new account with email address and phone number

- change sim card from an active account

It does seem the moderators can activate a SIM without an account as I have seen them tell customers to create their account AFTER activating a sim.

lisa30
Ok thanks @Kalla_A is assisting me private.

imm1304

Hey @Luddite, we agree.  Trying to get her existing account transferred to the new sim card and only setup a new selfserve access for the same existing account which is without a selfserve access until now.  

@lisa30 DO NOT create a new account. Let a moderator get access to your current account for you: @Kalla_A @Shazia_K or @Mary_M.

If you create a new account you will lose any credit in the old one.

To do this you will likely need to send them some information by private message. In case you do not how to use this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you can check in from time during "Ontario business hours".

imm1304

In that case, lets tag one of our super helpful moderators to help you with the change.  

Would @Kalla_A please look into this?  Thanks.

Also, @lisa30, after your phone line is up and running, on the selfserve page, you may want to try the "Create Account" option and it usually sends a verification code to your PM phone number.  After that, you may be able to set up a new selfserve account.  

Keep the community posted here and we'll try our best to help you resolve all PM issues. 

EDIT:  without sms verification... I believe Kalla or one of the moderators available can help with the selfseve setup as well. 

lisa30
Without having to receive text mesaages***

lisa30
Is there a way to set up my self serve account with have to receive a text message because I can't receive messages on my current SIM.

lisa30
I dont have a selfserve account because i wasnt able yo log in my previous one either.

imm1304

Hi @lisa30!

If you wish to transfer the account to your new sim, you can do so by signing into your selfserve account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Click on the "Plans and Add-ons" tab.  Then click on "Change sim card"  and enter the new sim card's serial number in the textbox and save.  

Need Help? Let's chat.