cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM, enter security code where?

endee1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lost my phone so got a new one and new SIM.

Went to change it on website, entered new SIM number, selected text message for security confirmation (to a different phone number which I can still access obviously). After 30 minutes no text had arrived, so went back and selected email confirmation. Got the code via email but there's nowhere to enter it on the Change SIM webpage.

Help!

9 REPLIES 9

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

May be the responses were delayed as a few provinces got the network outage a few hours back.

Keep checking the envelop symbol for CSA's replies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : Yeah I'm just as confused by this. It's either the phone number on account or the email on account. You can't change it. That's a part of the security. Not great security but better than nothing like it was before. I still think it ought to have been the 4 digit PIN but whatever.

But the OP has moved on to the CSA's so it's done.

@endee1 wrote:

The number it shows as sending text to is the Alternate number in My profile, not the one I'm trying to change

They will send text to Alternate number???

I have my Self-Server setup with Alternate number, too.  But with my Change SIM Option, the choice for my text are either email or my PM number, alternate number is not a choice.   Can anyone confirm that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@endee1 

i hope as soon as possible they will answer to you....

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

@endee1  is the other number a PM/Telus/Koodo number?  There is some outage in Ontairo/Quebec/Winnipeg at the moment, not sure if it will affect

did you try to have it sent to the email?  Try sending to email before you submit the ticket.

endee1

I'll submit a ticket, many thanks

endee1

The number it shows as sending text to is the Alternate number in My profile, not the one I'm trying to change

Anonymous
Not applicable

@endee1 

How To Change Your SIM Card

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link,.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set !

SIM Swap Fraud (publicmobile.ca)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@endee1 wrote:

Lost my phone so got a new one and new SIM.

Went to change it on website, entered new SIM number, selected text message for security confirmation (to a different phone number which I can still access obviously). After 30 minutes no text had arrived, so went back and selected email confirmation. Got the code via email but there's nowhere to enter it on the Change SIM webpage.

Help!

You cannot have it send the security code to another number.  It was designed to send to the same PM phone number on file.   You have to have the text send to email

Need Help? Let's chat.