cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rewards Program

schen993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been with PM for over a decade now. My plan saves me half of the plan price thanks to loyalty and automatic payment from the old rewards program. Now that the new rewards program is in effect, my monthly bill has just doubled. One not-so-happy customer. I am considering to switch to Fizz unless there is a good reason for me to keep Public Mobile.

6 REPLIES 6

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you've been with PM for 10 years then you must have accumulated free data - voice minutes and loyalty rewards. I think that you would be foolish to change providers and loose all your accumulated benefits. 

@schen993  Well if not for money saved , I can’t think of any better reason to stay . It’s why I’ve stayed with Public mobile . Even thought I don’t like losing the old rewards . I’m still gonna stay where it’s best price for me and that’s still public mobile at the end of the day .but it works for me it’s not perfect for everyone unfortunately 

schen993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's not as much for the money save as it is for PM doing a move against its loyal customers...

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@schen993 

Everyone loyal customer is not happy about the switch yo the point system, many customers have lost $7 per month.

based on your current plan and location, other providers have a similar or cheap plans.

if you have referral or you are on $34 plan or higher, it’s not worth changing the providers.

if you are in $15 250mb or $25 1GB, definitely there are other great alternative outside PM.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@schen993  No one’s happy about the switch to points . They are certainly less lucrative than the old loyalty rewards .basically the change cost. Customers an extra $60 a year on average . But that said PM still does offer some pretty sweet plans at times just have to keep an eye out each week for plan changes . Also with points you’re still saving so once you have 15 points you can redeem $15 off your bill also once a year you will get 10 points on your anniversary. And if you have any friend refferals  that value stays the same 1 point for each friend every 30 days . So despite the change we still get a discount . And that’s hard to pass up . But at the end of the day go with what ever carrier / plan that’s best suits your needs and has very best price 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@schen993 

Depending where you are located. Check the coverage in your area. Fizz operates on Videotron (Freedom) network. 

PM operates on Telus & Bell network and also offers  5G whereas Fizz is on 4G/LTE.

It is your call but look at your needs (speeds), data and coverage.

There are new deals for existing members on PM like the new $23 plan with 6gb of data at 4G/LTE.

Need Help? Let's chat.