cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phones and Hardware

Calls38
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So i got phone uograded this month and its still not fast enough for me .. Im worried though if i get a completely different phone like now im alcatel so if i go samsung or telus or whatever even apple iphone and its network unlocked.. Will my public mobile sim chip work in that phone and will it stay on current plan or should i wait when plan expires then switch and then pay the new plan?? 

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Calls38

Most of the new phones are using micro or nano SIM card.  If you got your PM SIM card last September, it should be the 3-in-1 SIM card.  It comes with a nano SIM, a micro adaptor and a standard adaptor. 

If you have an older Alcatel A392CC flip phone, you are using a standard SIM = nano SIM + micro adaptor + standard adatptor..

If your new phone uses a mini SIM, you just use your SIM as is.

If your new phone uses a micro SIM, you will be using nano SIM + micro adaptor.

If your new phone uses a nano SIM, you will be using the nano SIM only.

Change phone does not affect your plan and renewal date.  You can change phone any time. Just move your PM SIM card to the new phone.  It is that easy.3-in-1-SIM

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Calls38

A lot of phones are unlocked these days if you buy directly from phone company  ie. Apple, Samsung.  You can also buy prepaid phones from Telus or Koodo and it should work with Public Mobile.  Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile.  

You just need to put your SIM card into the new phone and it should work.  No need to wait until your present plan is expired.  

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Calls38 wrote:

So i got phone uograded this month and its still not fast enough for me .. Im worried though if i get a completely different phone like now im alcatel so if i go samsung or telus or whatever even apple iphone and its network unlocked.. Will my public mobile sim chip work in that phone and will it stay on current plan or should i wait when plan expires then switch and then pay the new plan?? 

@Calls38You sim card should fit, remove from old phone and insert to new phone. Job done. if it physically does not fit not you can buy a new one for $10 and change in self serve. If the sim card does not fit, its probably so old it doesn't even support LTE. Unless you need E-Sim, but thats a totally different thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Calls38, Changing your phone has no impact on your plan, your renewal date, your phone number, or your SIM (as long as the SIM fits in the new phone - If the SIM is recent, it should be a multi-sized SIM which fits all phones).

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Different phones take different size SIM chips - check the specs on the phone you want to see if it takes the same size.

It won't make a difference to your plan which phone you're using, but you may need a new SIM chip for the new phone. If so, you can order one, and then activate it in self-serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.