cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Number Issue

Randyle12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey so I activated a brand new number with a plan with this company, but for some reason, when I call ppl; a different name appears if they havent saved my number initially, and weirdly I’ve been getting calls from credit companies looking for that person whos name shows up if ppl didnt save my number, I don’t feel comfortable knowing my number is already used by another public mobile customer with bad credit cause now im getting bombarded with unwanted phone calls I have to deal with, please dm moderators to deal with this, totally unacceptable. And whoever is “ xxxxxxxxxx” (the name that appears on my number with PM)  stop ducking your bills , and leaving a terrible trail of commitment behind

edited by computergeek541: editted language and removed name

4 REPLIES 4

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Randyle12 One trick is to try for a number with a newer.area code. That's no guarantee that the number isn't someone's old number, but it'll have less history behind it.

I agree, if it's a new account with a new number then there's little reason to be attached to it. Especially if the number comes with annoyances. Changing your phone number in Self-Serve costs nothing, aside from the time it takes to inform all your contacts.

When choosing a new number ... google it up first, see if it has any (bad) history you might not want echoing on your phone.

@Randyle12 wrote:

Hey so I activated a brand new number with a plan with this company, but for some reason, when I call ppl; a different name appears if they havent saved my number initially, and weirdly I’ve been getting calls from credit companies looking for that person whos name shows up if ppl didnt save my number, I don’t feel comfortable knowing my number is already used by another public mobile customer with bad credit cause now im getting bombarded with unwanted phone calls I have to deal with, please dm moderators to deal with this, totally unacceptable. 

This isn't a Public Mobile issue. Public Mobile does not even broadcast any name infromation. If a name (any name) is showing up on these phones, these people have software installed on their phones that are using an internet database has information about someone else who previously used this phone number.

As this is a new number for you, your best option is to proceed to selfserve.publicmobile.ca and change your phone number.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Randyle12 it is what it is. you activated with someone else's old number. you can login to your self serve and change your number every 30 days. just wait till your next renewal and change it

change pass,sim,number~2.jpeg

for now you can either block them or let them know that person doesn't own that number anymore

Need Help? Let's chat.