cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation stuck in the upside down. :)

jsfx3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Admins

I have an activation for a new SIM that seems to be stuck. The web interface said my card issuer declined the activiation, but when i checked with the card issuer, they confirmed that the charge was approved. 

The activation does not appear to be working, but i don't want to wind up with multiple charges. 

Thanks

--jsfx3

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PJC the AV Club?  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@jsfx3 ironically, a couple of weeks ago I would never have gotten all the references, as I was very late to the ST party.  All caught up now though, after some recent binging 🙂

Welcome to the club @srlawren.

srlawren

@jsfx3 ironically, a couple of weeks ago I would never have gotten all the references, as I was very late to the ST party.  All caught up now though, after some recent binging 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jsfx3

Testing.... Snow Ball 🙂 

jsfx3

Why did it bleep **bleep**? 

jsfx3

I've almost made it to the Snow Ball Dance everybody! (don't combine the words snow and ball or you get bleeped...) 🙂 

Activation is complete, plan is setup, port should be completed by Friday according to current provider. Now when i get my referral bonus for the new account, it will just like getting a kiss from Nancy!  

srlawren

@jsfx3 "H".  "E".  "R".  "E".

H.e.r.e. is info on their working hours:

When can you get help? Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

How long will you need to wait for help? Messages are handled during business hours (see above), in the order in which they are received. Usually you will hear back within a few hours, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.

jsfx3

Do the mods work after 5 pm Eastern? I was trading PMs with Gregory for a few minutes at 5 pm, but then that ended. Thank you to the community for still checking in.

This will (hopefully) be my third PM account, and i can honestly say i have never had an activation go so badly, and i have to say after 6 or 7 hours I am getting kind of tired of checking for email that is not there. 

Maybe i need to put up some christmas lights? 🙂  

srlawren

@jsfx3 Demomorgon, Dog...Demo-dog!  Like Hopper told El, it will be fixed "soon".

jsfx3

Four hours now. Mods have acknowledged my existence which is nice, but still no progress on activation. I think i just heard a Demodog growling nearby..... 🙂

srlawren

@jsfx3 hope they get to you soon.  Please keep us posted!

jsfx3

it's been three hours for me with no reply from the mods. May be happening to a lot of folks.  

srlawren

@jsfx3 next time maybe private message Eleven.  I'm sure she could help.

jsoegandi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the exact same issue.

jsfx3

Thanks for this. I have the PM open, but did not include PM SIM card number, e-mail address and phone number.

will do this now. 

thanks

--jsfx3

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jsfx3,  great advice already given but I had to Bravo the Stranger Things reference

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08

If you haven't done so, reboot your phone to see if that helps any.  Are all of your services (talk, text, and data) not working?  Did you just port a number in from another provider?  If so, porting a number can take a few hours to complete. During this time, you'll be able to make calls but not receive them. If this persists for more than a few hours, then you have a stuck port. In that case, you'll need to contact a moderator.

If you've been charged already and none of your services are working (can't even make outgoing calls), then you probably have an activation error.  Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address and phone number.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best thing to do is send a private message to the @CS_Agent to find out the status of your activation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-our-Support-structure/m-p/16...

Need Help? Let's chat.