cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New $10/mo 5050 plan. How do i stop iphone from sending texts to 474663

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

HI everyone

RE: turned off all setting I could find in first few minutes but the account is showing background texts to 474663.  How do I turn this off?

I'm an Android user & just opened a new account for my daughter (who prefers & is using an old iPhone). 

I thought we'd start with the $10: 50 min/50 text plan.

She's been great & only sent 2 texts right at the start & hasn't sent any since.

That would be fine except in 24 hours the phone has sent 8 texts to 474663 which I've read here is Apple servers & most folks have said it was 2 or 3 sent.

I turned off SMS & MMS messages & data right at the beginning.

This is totally unfair to have her texts used up with a few days with some background activity and no way add more (no text add-ons).

Should these background texts which don't show anywhere in Imessage count towards the 50, shouldn't it just be user initiated texts. 

7 REPLIES 7

Polyian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No kids here, I am a senior and I rarely make calls or send txt messages...never seen this before with other carriers but I probably was not paying attention. I have had an Iphone since my 3GS so I am not a new user. I retired from the Systems Technology area so I am not a luddite and I am careful about calls, txts and voice messages. I know they all add up to dollars.

If it's a start-up issue I will live with it but I am surprised my phone can send SMS messages without me initializing them.

Thanks everyone, I think it's clear as mud now.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

didn't realize iphone does this before!

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

Don't worry.  The same thing happened when I opened one of my lines with iphone.  10 outgoing texts within first 24 hours.  I contacted the moderators who were understanding and credited me back for that month 10 texts.  It doesn't happen later on.....  just with initialization.

What type of initialization? Account activation? New iPhone? Reboot?

Incoming Texts in this plan is unlimited.  Outgoing texts are included in the 50 per month.  It is true that checking voice mail and call forwarding does use talk minutes.  Some people will use landline or another line to check voice mail.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I would blame Apple for doing that. They just assume everyone's got unlimited or more than enough text message limit. I am not sure why they cannot use their imessage service to send texts to verify apple services.  

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Any text messages which includes ingoing or outgoing will deduct from the 50 text messages. Even with the voicemail for calls, if u call voicemail it will deduct minutes from it. Please try using it wisely. This plan I believe has been invented for emergency uses. If its possible, you can get your child to use it for emergency purposes only. So turn off the phone when not in use and turn on whenever its needed. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Don't worry.  The same thing happened when I opened one of my lines with iphone.  10 outgoing texts within first 24 hours.  I contacted the moderators who were understanding and credited me back for that month 10 texts.  It doesn't happen later on.....  just with initialization.

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.