cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Networked locked Sim card

Joana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Guys I just want to ask somebody there who know how to fix my phone prob.when I'm inserted Sim card  this word make me bother network locked Sim card inserted ...

My phone is Samsung galaxy j7 

If u know guys please help me ...thank u

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ddrodge wrote:

Just had Samsung unlock my Samsung S7 and they did it with no issues.  You should have no problem getting a Samsung unlocked.

@ddrodge that's great, but this thread was last active 9 months ago.  I suspect they've already got this sorted out by now.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ddrodge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just had Samsung unlock my Samsung S7 and they did it with no issues.  You should have no problem getting a Samsung unlocked.

imm1304

@marsbar

Unfortunately, we can't force the carrier to unlock the phone if we are not their customer. 

For Samsung phones, going to samsung.ca and navigating to online chat and asking for unlock code is working.  The Smasung reps seem to be providing the unlock code during live chat conversations at least for S6 and S7/edge as confirmed by a few people recently.  

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The December 1 date applies to Canadian carriers. It's possible the OP's phone is locked to a non- Canadian carrier.

marsbar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wait till tomorrow and call the carrier it's locked to and force them to give you the unlock code for free or you'll report them to CRTC for failing to comply with legislation that kicks in Dec 1st 2017.

imm1304

Hi @Joana!

Your phone is locked to a network other than Telus/Koodo.  

You will need to enter the unlock code which you can get from the carrier you got the phone from.  Or, you can buy the unlock code online from places like ebay for really low price.  

If you bought the phone unlocked from the Samsung store, then you should have an unlock code in the box.  If this is the case, go to samsung.ca and click on support and then live chat.  Samsung is known to give away free unlock codes via email once requested.  

Need Help? Let's chat.