Did you mean: 

Network Locked

oscott363
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

just activated my phone and it says network locked. please help

5 REPLIES 5

Paws
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can also figure out the carrier by putting in old sims from the 2 other parent companies. So try Bell and Rogers, since public is owned by Telus.

Go with manufactory , sometimes is quicker.  Smiley Happy

As we know, Canadian carriers will provide an unlock code for free if the phone is locked to that carrier, although I believe that at least one carrier (is it Bell?) that requires you to have an active account with them before they will honor that request.

Moderator_Team will provide unlock codes for Telus-locked phone devices.  However, if you're hoping to get a code faster than the currently reported moderator response times around here, you can always purchase and unlcok code from sellers on ebay or from many other webpages that sell them.  These codes from these sellers can cost anywhere from $1 and up, but most max out around $20.  Those unlock code sellers are usually faster than the 48 or 72 hour moderator response time that we keep hearing about, but not always.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oscott363 wrote:

just activated my phone and it says network locked. please help

If it's a Samsung phone then their online chat is good for getting unlock codes too.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@oscott363

Is your phone locked to the previous carrier?  If so, you can contact the carrier to get the unlock code for free.  Then enter the code and it should work.  

Need Help? Let's chat.