cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with moving phones

sidani87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I joined PM way back in 2013 so I had the old sim card since then. Now I got an iphone and I have already recieved the triple punch sim card. I have installed the sim in the iphone but i need help activating it. There is a form online that I have to fill up by selecting the plan etc but since I'm already a member then why do I need to go through all that again? Just let me know what I need to do.

(Which brings me to this whole idea of having help only in this community here. I am sorry but this is plain ridiculous! Some of us may not have the time to sit and type out questions on a forum to find out answers. Atleast have a helpline! In this day and age all this seem cool with all the online community help but some of us dont have time and need to get things moving over a phone call or dropping into a store. Registration, signing in....seriously??!!! Anyway, I hope you guys get a helpline going.)

7 REPLIES 7

sidani87

I appreciate help but keep the sarcasm and the "silver spoons" analogies directed towards yourself.

@sidani87 wrote:

@stonechucker: Thank you for the 611 number. So I called 611 and the guy was helpful and the switch was done according to him but now I'm stuck with two phone with no network.The guy said he will call me in 5 mins but dont think that will happen.

@will13am: have any solutions?since you seem like a person with all the helpful utensils in the house! As a side note, people who want to stick to their old plan can switch without having to fill out that form. For that a simple phone call should do!

I am not agitated without a reason. I've been with PM from their CAD 25 plan from back in 2013.

Sorry I have no solution to your problem.  There are no mulligans here.  My time machine seems to have broke.  You opened up a form that you didn't need to touch.  A helpuful community member provided the needed solution, so be happy. 

sidani87

@stonechucker: Thank you for the 611 number. So I called 611 and the guy was helpful and the switch was done according to him but now I'm stuck with two phone with no network.The guy said he will call me in 5 mins but dont think that will happen.

@will13am: have any solutions?since you seem like a person with all the helpful utensils in the house! As a side note, people who want to stick to their old plan can switch without having to fill out that form. For that a simple phone call should do!

I am not agitated without a reason. I've been with PM from their CAD 25 plan from back in 2013.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sidani87, if I am interpreting your situation correctly, you obtained a new SIM card so that it will fit into your new phone without the need to cut to old card.  So, all you need is a SIM card swap which @stonechucker has correctly mentioned that you have access to 611 help.  As a side note, do you think that your rant about the hardships of filling in an online form which would take a few minutes of your extremely precious time really makes sense?  I do know people who were born with multiple silver spoons in their mouths and doing something like this is definitely not beneath their dignity. 

great, so we know where to begin.  Your best bet is to call 611. You may need to wait for someone to pick up, but as it is still available to you, it will be the easiest way.

just out of curiosity, as I’ve only been a subscriber since 2016, do you have access to the self serve.publicmobile.ca vita a username and password?  I ask, because that is where New Subscribers go when we need to change a SIM card.

sidani87

Im on the original plan from 2013.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hello @sidani87, welcome to the community

i need to ask you a couple questions first, and I’m not a moderator, but these questions will help the ccommunity direct you in the correct direction(s).

First, are you still on your original plan from 2013?  If yes, you are still able to access the call centre via 611.  I. I would suggest this be your best method to do this.

If you are on an in-market, or any plan chosen after January 2015, you must do it via the self serve system.  

Which of the above situations are you in?

Need Help? Let's chat.