cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** Need help now please!

Word-Nerd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Trying to acivate new PM SIM card right now, the port over my cell phone number, but PM is stopping payment from credit card.  All information is correct and has been checked repeatedly, the card has enough money on it to complete the transaction.  Please help now.

What is the internet page address to speak with a live chat agent, please help.  Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

@Word-Nerd , are you ok? Did you get to eat! I’ve done the same thing & ended up in the Hospital! Nothing is more important than your health! I know it was very stressful but Please take care of yourself.

Did your credit card get charged?

Public Mobile app works & can now sign up with an eSIM from the app!

@Word-Nerd we are anticipating some major change tomorrow, hopefully good ones.  So, it is not bad an idea to leave it for tomorrow.  

Word-Nerd

Thanks for all the help but it hasn't worked.  Live chat agent won't provide clear answers (about whether or not all these three processes can be completed before 10 pm) or 11:59 pm (if website shutdown does not stop payment, activation and number port over from being completed), despite begging for clear answers.

There's no point in wasting more time with the authentication process if none of it is possible anyway but he won't listen or answer relevant questions.

Haven't had time to cook supper and am so hungry, stressed and exhausted by all this, I feel like i am going to pass out and vomit now. 

Must now assume that no clear answers mean that its not realistically possible, in which case I must give up now, get some food, clean up the PM payment processing system mess tomorrow and waith another month to get service with PM.

Thanks for all the help, but I am feeling sick and light headed now, after all this.

@Word-Nerd , try the chat link that @esjliv gave you before it gets to late. Let us know if they helped you. 

@LitlLdy wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@Word-Nerd - I think you are talking about this link.... Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

But, this is for activation only.

@esjliv @Word-Nerd is trying to activate but having issues & running out of time before it all shuts down tonight for the scheduled maintenance! Would they not be able to help get it activated?

@LitlLdy probably

Word-Nerd

Started this process more than an hour ago so there would be more than sufficient time for all this to be done before then. The instructions did not provide clear directions about how to get the temporary PM number first, so I had to wait for an answer from a Telus agent, to find out how to proceed with that.

Now all credit card information is correct and there is plenty of available credit on card but PM says some piece of information is wrong but won't tell me what information is allegedly wrong.  The bill is right on my desk so I know the information is correct.

Was this all just stupid mistake - trying to change service to PM?  There was more than enough time to get this done when I began because PM agent told me yeaterday it was maximum 2 to 2.5 hours to complete it all.

If I am forced by PM to abandon it, then I must wait until next month now too.  What an idiot i am for believing what I was told yesterday.

@esjliv wrote:

@Word-Nerd - I think you are talking about this link.... Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

@esjliv @Word-Nerd is trying to activate but having issues & running out of time before it all shuts down tonight for the scheduled maintenance! Would they not be able to help get it activated?

Word-Nerd

Since the PM website shuts down at 10 pm for maintenance, that's the deadline.  Get this all done before that or abandon it all and wait until June. 

This was supposed to be a simple four step process which would take 2 hours.  Now I feel like this was just a dumb mistake I made tonight.

@Word-Nerd , ohh no, I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying to make you feel badly! I am not aware of the live chat option to help get this working!

You may need to logout & try this page & see if it comes back but that chat is for questions about plans & info. No tech support! https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/nb/plans#plans-start 

Word-Nerd

Alright, yes, thats what i am doing.  get temporary new PM number, then transfer my current one.  Got it and am trying.  There is an internet page address for PM  live chat agent to help with this or other issues which I used yeaterday but i can't find the internet page address right now and Simon "robot" is useless, no help at all.

IF i can just get the internet page address to text / chat online with a "live chat agent" I am sure they can help.

Now I just feel sick, like this was all a big mistake and I shouldn't have even tried this now.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd , please check that you were not already charged. Some times people still get charged even though it doesn’t let them finish the process. Are you trying to activate an account using a browser in private / incognito mode? Are you using a laptop / desktop computer?

Also, The process usually goes smother if you activate an account with a new phone number before you transfer phone number from previous provider!

Edit: You're trying to do this 2 1/2 hours before it all shuts down for scheduled system maintenance at May 23 10:00PM ET – May 24  07:00AM ET! (Announcement was Posted ahead of time last Friday)

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd wrote:

Trying to acivate new PM SIM card right now, the port over my cell phone number, but PM is stopping payment from credit card.  All information is correct and has been checked repeatedly, the card has enough money on it to complete the transaction.  Please help now.

What is the internet page address to speak with a live chat agent, please help.  Thanks.

@Word-Nerd , I think you created a long post about that! 

What is the process to transfer a phone number to a new Public Mobile account? 

Need Help? Let's chat.