cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @rwhitley

I'm really sorry you're having issues with your account. It is stated in our website that all of our support is provided online. If you send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number or SIM card number, I will be happy to assist you! 

If you're unsure how to send a private message, this post is pretty helpful 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

What was your issue?  I don't find it ironic that they have no contact number.  I researched and new they were a web based service only so I didn't expect them to have a number.  Have you messaged a MOD?  I will Tag one @Shazia_K are you able to take a look at this.  I am not sure what this members issue was.

@rwhitley  when a mod contacts you please have yoru phone number and SIM card number ready.  If it is a porting issue an account number from your old provider will help as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

rwhitley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Never mind....I just disputed the credit card charge.

I was able to call my credit card company.

You guys do realize the irony in a cell phone service provider not having a contact number correct?

At least with the charge cancelled, someone will eventually call me.

rwhitley

My support case is

5648-2697

someone needs to call me

@rwhitley  depending on your issue on the main screen if you scroll down under Community you will see sub-sections that will help focus what problem you are having.  Click on the appropriate area or issue you are having and once you are in there you will see a list of threads just above them there is a New Message button.  Press that and you will then start your own thread.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

rwhitley

How do I start a new thread?

rwhitley

I can't login into my account.....go no email from anyone....I just reversed the credit card charge.

I can't believe a message board is supposed to be customer service.

Bye bye public mobile.....

rwhitley

I can't login into my account.....go no email from anyone....I just reversed the credit card charge.

I can't believe a message board is supposed to be customer service.

Bye bye public mobile.....you suck

@rwhitley  could you please start a new thread and let us know what your issues are.  PM is not a fraudulent company.  If you can tell us what you are experieincing we maybe able to get the help you require

rwhitley

help me please

rwhitley

Fraudulent company....send to emails.....credit card charged, can login, can't turn off autopay, can't get anyone to respond.

Complete fraud....small claims court here we come....I'm doucmenting everything..

mezwestrope
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Now I have data in the U.S. but no talk or text. Still can't log into self serve. Had to add talk and text to my koodo number. Not a happy camper.

u-usama

Hello @Shazia_K,

Just wondering if you had a chance to look at my porting issue please.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @mezwestrope

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

Sorry to hear about the activation issues, can you try and create your self-serve account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ if it doesn't work please let me know. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You probably will. I'd send a private message if the issue persists.

mezwestrope
I tried the phone in the morning and it had sorted itself out. I spoke too soon about logging in though. That's not working yet. I guess I need help from a moderator for that.

Rockdaddy22
Do you mind me asking how you solved your issue?

mezwestrope

Success! Everything works. 

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately both of you will have to wait until the morning. A mod should be in around 9am. I'll tag @Shazia_K for you guys.

MarquesF1616

Hi all. I have received my SIM card and I am trying to set up my account. I have received the following error message when I type in my cell number "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created a profile already....". I am currently with Tells and have not used or registered for PM before. Can someone help me sort this out?

mezwestrope

I registered my sim, picked a phone number (which I didn't bother to write down since I figured my phone would be working momentarily), paid for my plan and received the "Your Public Mobile Activation Details" email.   I can't access self serve.  I'm getting the usual error messages that countless others have. (Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again.)  Then it can't find my email address.

My phone shows that it is on the Public Mobile network but when I try to make a call it tells me "Talk is not included in your plan". 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @rwhitley,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Sorry to hear that you've come across a few hiccups activating, but no fear - I'm here to help !

I was able to find your account, and it looks like your plan didn't activate properly.. It's now active, all you have to do is reboot your phone, create your self-serve account (here) and enjoy 🙂 

Have a nice weekend,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

rwhitley

I went through all the activation steps and got both a confrimation and an error message on the same page

I can't login into an account, and if I try to re-activate the sim it says its invalid.

Rockdaddy22
Awesome, thanks for the update 🙂

natedoc

Thanks for the offer Mary, email support has gotten her account straightened away and also fixed the referral reward too! All's well now - enjoying the service!

Rockdaddy22
He got the activation done but lost a referral I believe.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @natedoc,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Sorry to hear that your wife experienced a failed activation, and we would be more than happy to help. If you still require assistance, can you please provide me with the SIM card number you tried activating via private message?

Best regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Sounds good

natedoc

Yeah I replied to that email mentioning that so we'll see if somebody pops it in, otherwise I'll get a mod to do it here if not.

Rockdaddy22
Glad support was able to help. I'd send them another email detailing your referral issue.
Need Help? Let's chat.