cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

rehmanabbasi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey

This may sound weird but the time of the day also matters ( site traffic and too many users etc etc.), i tried with FireFox at 5:30pm and got same issues as others are reporting , waited and retried around 12:00Am and everything worked like a charm, so i would suggest , use an laternate browser (FF) and wait for low traffic hours... Hope this helps.

Tian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I am encountering this very generic error message: "Sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community" while trying to activate my Public Mobile sim card. I am porting over from Koodo Mobile.

I have all the proof that I have put in the correct info, but still get this error.

• IMEI is from my iPhone 5C (unlocked when I moved from TELUS to Koodo Mobile)
  • Alternate Number is my husband's number which is an active Public Mobile number
  • Authorization Name is based on my name that appears on my Koodo Mobile bills

Can someone help me, please? The reason for me porting over is to get the $40 for 4GB promo before November 20th. 

@Jeremy_M@Saray_O@Shazia_K

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
I've never been there, I don't use twitter or facebook. I'll try and take a look

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22 can you post the URL of both please?

Rockdaddy22
Don't forget about twitter and facebook support.

lilstarangel15
@Boomsly I have the same problem. I've contacted PM through the contact us page, private messaged some MODS and even tagged them into a few of my posts but no one seems to be answering. I've been left without service since Monday night. A lot of people who messaged after me have already had their problems resolved. Can a mod please help me out? @Mary_M @Shazia_K

Boomsly

worth a shot, only issue is my phone is currently locked to bell.... pay to unlock phone and possibly have a completely useless phone until a mod gets invovled? or keep things as is and wait for a response?.....

Shanman

Well it seemed to take a long time but my SIM card is now working. I had all the common problems including not being able to login to my Self Serve account. I still can't BTW. I took the advice of some in this thread and just decided to put my SIM in my phone again (still had an active Koodo account) and low and behold the number was now working. I texted a buddy and made a call to him and had him call me. All was good EXCEPT any kind of mobile data which includes mms (picures, large texts etc) would not work. Even when I tried a web browser it said that I wasn't connected to the Internet.

I found this thread and entered everything exactly as mentioned:  https://goo.gl/lK5XVe

I also had to scan networks (in the same area as the APN settings linked to above) and pick "Public Mobile" when it finished it's scan. There were 3 to choose from in my area but there may be more or less in yours.

With all said and done I can now use my phone as I wanted to when I started this "Journey" almost 4 days ago.

STILL, no contact of any kind from any MOD's that I had Private Messaged or from posts on this thread OR from my original Customer Support emails I sent.

I still can't check and make sure that I'm on $40 plan that is Province Wide calling and 12Gigs Data but I will just have to keep trying the MOD's since they seem to be the only ones able to fix my ability to get into my self serve account.

I appreciate all the suggestions that I received with this thread.

TL;DR  Still can't login into self serve, my PIN is not valid however by just putting in sim and setting up APN and Network Operator all seems to be working.

Regards, Shanman

Boomsly

Im hoping someone here can help, I just signed up or atleast attemted to. After entering my credit card info I got 404 page cannot be found, My CC was charged but I did not receive a confirmation and I cannot log in to self serve. Ive also tried sumbitting the information again at activate.publicmobile.ca with no luck, entering all of the info on that webpage generates a "sim not valid" error.

I have one more account I would like to activate but am nervous to now

Any help is greatly appreciated!

@Jeremy_M

jtshuang

@juliesyp if your old SIM still works (meaning you can still make calls), then it might mean the porting process isn't complete yet.  Doesn't mean it failed, could just be backlogged.  I had a similar problem where the port did go through, invalidating the old SIM, but the new SIM took a while to activate.  

jtshuang

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Have you stop tried the sim @jtshuang. Sometimes it'll work

It didn't at first, but finally got working today.  Thanks

Bolado
Lol I private message them and you can see if they read the message or not. They haven't even peaked at my private msgs. Still waiting in line.

juliesyp

I'm having some issues as well.  Went through the process fine, and it had trouble accepting my AMEX card?  (even though it states that AMEX is fine) so I tried my MC and it worked fine.  But then when it was all complete and I put the SIM in my phone, my phone still says no SIM installed.  Tried my phone again with my old SIM to make sure it wasn't my phone and it works fine.  Messaged @Shazia_K to see if she can help!  It seems she's resolved some other users' problems with activations

34787Bob

Got my SIM and tried stepping through the activation process. When I got to the payment section, my credit card was declined and it instructed me to try again (there's no issue with my CC). When I tried to step through the activation process again, I got an "Invalid SIM" error.

I entered in the correct SIM number, so I'm attributing the SIM error to the previous failed activation attempt.

Could I get some help on resolving this from anyone?

@Shazia_K

cbrguy

I appreciate all your hard work but with all due respect, how about responding to some of us who have already emailed you our details and problems,  instead of taking on new problems for people who have just posted? 

Hello @thesuperunknown

Please send me a private message with your email address used in the activation portal along the SIM card number? 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

thesuperunknown

Hi Public Mobile support team, I'm having a problem with activating my new SIM. When I clicked on 'Activate' after going through the activation process and entering my credit card details, it got stuck on "Please wait while your activation is being processed" for quite a while (ca. 10 mins). Figuring something had gone wrong with the payment, I refreshed the page. It showed me an error message saying that my card was not accepted, and that I should start over to try again. However, when I tried that, the activation system won't let me move past the first page: it highlights the SIM number field in red (with no error message/tooltip), even though the number was entered correctly. Would really appreciate any help!

Rajpreet
I dont know what he did but within 10 after giving him my details all was good

Belci10

What did Jeremy do to help you? Something simple?

Belci10

Same thing happening here also. Card charged. Sim card in phone shows PM LTE, but no service and cannot log inot self serve????

Rajpreet
Hey i just got my issue resolved and its all good now.
Try contacting jeremy he is good.
I contacted him on facebook messenger, replies were quick and very effective.

lindsaylly

I had the exactly the same issue as @irex. I just tried this on yesterday night. I have put in a web request not sure how long will take them to get back to me about this.

lindsaylly

Hello,

I just received my SIM card recently and tried to activate it by following the on-line activation instruction. However, at very last step, it reported to me that my account activation was not successful when I finished. And my credit card has already been charged at that moment. However my SIM card is still not activated, and I cannot use it. I have already put in a web request form through the "Contact us" page. Please advise how my SIM card can be activated properly as soon as possible. Much appreciate.

rm65453
Solution: for people who are having the same issue as me try to refer a friend and activate their account. Once you get a message for successful referral sign up for a new self serve account. Within minutes my services started working.

Somehow the addition of a referral reset my account. Hope this helps others.

vinions

Hi,

I sent a private message but I just noticed this thread.

From what I can gather from my own research, it looks like my number is still not fully ported.  Most works but there are certain phones that can't call in to my number. They get a "cellular number is not in service" or something like that.  I'm reading elsewhere that it's a result of not fully ported yet and requires someone to finish it.

Help?

Shanman

I'm having much the same problems. I have sent 2 emails 2 days ago and 2 Private Messages yesterday to an 'online' MOD for assistance.

I managed eventually to setup an account two days ago (after Web Browser crashes at the 'select plan' page) but I can't login to Self Serve yet I received an email with the congratulatory stuff saying both my account and PIN# were active. Using phone assist I was able to put in my voucher info (despite punching that info already into the sign-up page which obviously wasn't accepted) and it tells me that I have the correct amount of money in my account but it keeps saying my PIN is invalid, therefore I can't login VIA phone and change my account either.

TL;DR Account is half setup, can't phone, text or use and no replies from support

Regards,

irex

Hi, just tried porting my Fido number during the PM SIM activation process and I received an activation failure message during Step 6. My Fido SIM still works, and I received an email saying my PIN and Self-Serve account have been created, but I cannot access my account and the "next billing date" is wrong (12/1/2016).

Need Help? Let's chat.