cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

cdutson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've just signed up, and whilst incoming and outgoing calls are working my data is not. It _says_ it's connected to 3G, but I'm not able to do anything with data. When I look at my APN settings, I only have personal hotspot options, the other two sections are missing.

Details: unlocked iPhone SE, latest ios (10.1.1 as of this post)

lciardullo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I received the message "Sorry, your account activation request has failed" after processing my credit card. I have no idea whether the credit card was charged. Now I am unable to activate the sim when retrying to set up an account.

skwebby

Hi guys,

Had a mysterious activation issue yesterday.  PM'ed Jeremy but no response, maybe I was supposed to post here first, not sure, since I am a newbie.

Appreciate your help!

paul

@Da_bears Moved your post to this thread as Jeremy is trying to track these related posts.

Unfortunately you will need the assistance of one of our moderators.

Send them the information below by private message; address @Shazia_K. Don’t worry if she is available as your message will be forwarded to someone on duty.

If unfamiliar with private messaging, check here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you check in from time to time when they are online; Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Include whatever bits of the following info you have:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • PM SIM card number

Include this additional info if your port-in has stalled more than 3 hours:

• old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • old carrier phone number
  • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

Please excuse this “boilerplate” approach. There is so much interest in this promo that even the small percentage of customers with problems is substantial.

You can be confident it’s worth the wait for PM to resolve your problem. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Da_bears

I just ported over from Wind last night around 8 pm and cannot recive incoming calls. Outgoing calls ,data ,text are working.

lowbrew
Got my Sim card in the mail and went to purchase a voucher. The vendor showed me that the kiosk required a phone number before it would sell me a voucher. I'm a new client and have no phone number yet. How can I get by this step?

pssst

Thanks. I PM'd @Shazia_K just now with all the details.

I hope it gets resolved soon.

pssst

My old SIM doesn't work anymore

habs33

Is it possible to activate a new SIM without porting the number.  I get stuck at step 2 "Choose Phone Number"

@pssst Moved your post to this thread. Jeremy is trying to aggragate similar issues. Please look at my earlier post for your next steps.

FYI: your old SIM shoukd still be functional.

pssst

Please help. I paid $120 dollars with taxes on MONDAY for a plan and activated my SIM.

It seems like my number still hasn't been ported. It's been 3 days now. I'm quite dissapointed and upset.

I selected my IMEI number when I ported online.

Please help.

Outgoing calls work fine.

Incoming calls, texts, data are not working

Thanks

@bryceli Moved you to this thread. Jeremy is trying to collect all these in one place. Tagging is normally good, but have a look at my earlier post in this thread.

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @bryceli,

This is something a moderator can help you with. I'll flag them here right now... @Shazia_K...

Hope this helps,

Neil

bryceli

Hi,

I tried to activate a new number yesterday night, but it showed an error message that activation is failed. Later I received an email of the activation detail. Until now, the SIM card is still not activated yet.

I will also need to port from my Koodo number later. So would some one please help me? Thanks.

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

try to contact of mod, they should be able to help you out to tag them by @Shazia_K

@Jeanette @allab49 Yes, unfortunately similar situations are happening. You will need the assistance of one of our moderators.

Send them the information below by private message; address @Shazia_K. Don’t worry if she is available as your message will be forwarded to someone on duty.

If unfamiliar with private messaging, check here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you check in from time to time when they are online; Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Meanwhile, if your service is down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Include whatever bits of the following info you have:

• account email address
  • PM phone number
  • PM SIM card number

Include this additional info if your port-in has stalled more than 3 hours:

• old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • old carrier phone number
  • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

Please excuse this “boilerplate” approach. There is so much interest in this promo that even the small percentage of customers with problems is substantial.

You can be confident it’s worth the wait for PM to resolve your problem. 😎

Jeanette

Hi @Mary_M

I tried setting up my phone yesterday morning. It has now been almost 24 hours and still no service from PM. How come mine is taking so long?

allab49

Problem porting from PC MOBILE

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.

dood

@rkblee in your case you need to contact one of the mods.

@Saray_O will be able to assist you. You need to PM her.

rkblee

Hello.

I'm trying to activate my sim card and I am getting the "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help" error when I'm trying to port my number over. I'm also unable to create an account with a new number because I can't pick a local calling area.

Please help activating my sim card and porting my number over.

Thanks.

Ofake

Hi,

I'm having some trouble porting my Fido phone number to Public Mobile. I keep getting this error: "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number". Is anyone else running into this problem?

@Saray_O I've sent you a PM with my account information. 

Thanks

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Couple of questions from some friends doing some ports.

- Does the autopay CC have to be in the same name as the account holder, or can you use a CC with a different name? Scenario: Parents setting up their CC for autopay on their kids account.

- Do referrals stick even after the referred phone number changes? Scenario: The person that refered you changed their number with a port request, do you lose the referal? 

Thanks in advance.  

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @shiba604

I'm sorry you were not able to activate your account. I just saw your private message and I will activate it for you! 

I'll send you a private message after I do 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kone

Thank you all for the great info.  I ended up messaging Shazia, and she has handled everything for me.

The service is great!

cbritton

Thank you very much for the update @Saray_O!

Saray_O

Hi there @cbritton

I'm sorry about that! Your port stayed stuck for some reason, but don't worry! I called our port team just now and they were able to re-submit it, we are now waiting for Petro-Canada Mobility to verify that the info you provided in the original port request was correct. Since they a reseller, they take longer to respond to the request so it could take up to 24 hours 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Saray_O

@computergeek541  @kone a moderator is needed when porting a Koodo prepaid number, when it's postpaid, it's usually OK to try porting it yourself 🙂 

Saray_O

Hi @kone!

@Shazia_K is going through her private messages right now. She'll get to your message soon 🙂 Hang in there!

Saray_O

Hi @Oitsen

I just answered to your private message! 🙂 

Sameer
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Chowchow are you putting your current number into the Friends REFFERAL field? You won't be able to do that, maybe thats why.

Need Help? Let's chat.