cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a replacement SIM card?

Kp1003
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I bought my sim on 27 december, my account is active.It . I have a particular plan as well. But its not showing signals .It says sim not registered.I went to walmart and the guy said I would get a replacement sim since its not the problem from my side. The sim is not registered from their end.

Plese help me. I am not able to contact anyone from past 5 days. in desperste needof help

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kp1003 wrote:

How long does moderator take to reply?

@Kp1003 unfortunately, they appear to be backed up again and taking 2-3+ days to respond.  I think you're in for a bit of a wait.

While you're waiting, can I suggest you try the lost-and-then-found trick on this thread?  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f... this works for some people.  If that doesn't work, you could also try the $1 manual top-up trick (noted on the same thread).  If neither work, then unfortunately you will be stuck waiting for the moderators to respond.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kp1003

I am not sure if its because another sim was issued or there is some glitch,but my payment was deducted and my acount says active.So it has to something their issue.

How long does moderator take to reply?

I also believe that replacing the sim card will be a waste of time. 

Sim not registered is the type of message that comes on screen for some phones when the sim card is not active, whether it's because it wasn't activated properly or if the service was cancelled.

It's possible (but not very likely) that the service was activated to a different sim card by mistake. If that's the case, it would be a matter of switching to account o the proper sim card number.  This is not something that anyone at the store can do since you have already activated an account.

More than likely Public Mobile's computer system somehow activate your service and charged you for a plan, but never assigned your service to your sim card.  I knoiw that sounds strange but community members have read about that a few times.  As @Luddite said, this probably only something that moderators can fix.

@Kp1003 Unfortunately, think you need assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This pushes you further back in the queue as the system takes into consideration your most recent message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Kp1003

yes i tried my sim on frinds phone it wasnot showing any signals too. my phone is compatiable with his carrier. Also i tried my friends sim which is fido(used in NB) it was working perfectly. The si clearly says not registered;

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I don't think you need a new sim but simply the most need to fix something on their end.

Have you tried the sim in a different phone? Did you buy the phone new? Or maybe used?  If used that error message vaguely reminds me of the message people got when a phone is back listed. Might be worth checking. I am probably mistaken though.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Unregistered-sim/m-p/254393#M73408

Kp1003

yes i am sure my account is registred.My card got credited with the plan i chose.Its a mistake from their side

Marchibald
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it's not registered you will need to set up an account with public mobile online and register that sim card to it

Marchibald
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you sure your sim card is active? Log into your account and confirm your plan is active.

Need Help? Let's chat.