cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a new phone

ccooper3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am about to purchase a new cellphone, but I just need assurance that Public Mobile will work with the new phone. The phone will be a ZTE BLADE Z MAX Z982 (32GB, 2GB RAM) 6.0 Full HD Display, Dual Rear Camera, 4080 mAh Battery, 4G LTE GSM Smartphone. It is unlocked and will work with all GSM carriers.

Does this phone look good for me and Public Mobile?

Thanks for your assistance.

15 REPLIES 15

@ccooper3 

Here's another pic, just for good measure.   

From smallest to largest with the two increasing size snap-on/snap-off adapters, they are nano to micro to standard.

HALIMACS_0-1618610921588.jpeg

ccooper3

Thanks kindly!😃

@ccooper3 wrote:

That's awesome Rosie,

Thanks👍

You're welcome @ccooper3 

enjoy your new phone

Aloha

RosieR

ccooper3

That's awesome Rosie,

Thanks👍

ccooper3

Model: A1

ccooper3

Thanks, Rosie☺️

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccooper3 : Which exact model #? According to those listed on gsmarena it might be that you have the only model using micro-sim. all the rest and that new phone are nano. So you're fine. Just carefully snap out the nano from the micro frame.

@ccooper3 wrote:

Do I need a new sim card when I purchase a new cellphone or can I just put my old sim card in my new cellphone?

Hi @ccooper3 

ZTE BLADE Z MAX Z982 (32GB, 2GB RAM) 6.0 Full HD Display, Dual Rear Camera, 4080 mAh Battery, 4G LTE GSM Smartphone

needs a nano sim card.  Your current phone Axon ZTE uses a micro sim, you just need to punch out the nano size, and you're good to go.  Just insert the nano size sim card to your new phone and Reboot.

Public Mobile sim cards comes in three sizes

1032036312_tp

If you have any further questions, we are here to help

Aloha

RosieR

ccooper3

My current phone is an Axon ZTE.

ccooper3

Thanks for the info👍😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccooper3 : You can just move the SIM from one phone to another. But there are three different sizes. No problem if you're going down in size. You'd need the extra frame parts if you're going up in size. What's your current phone?

@ccooper3 wrote:

Do I need a new sim card when I purchase a new cellphone or can I just put my old sim card in my new cellphone?

You can use an active Public Mobile SIM card.  For a little more than 5 years now, Public Mobile has been using SIM cards that can be inserted into any of the SIM card slots that devices use.

ccooper3

ccooper3

Thanks for your affirmation and quick reply!🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccooper3 : Should be fine. Maybe a little light on LTE but it should be enough.

Need Help? Let's chat.