cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Clarification

kdpatel28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I buy Simcard from Walmart or any other physical store and do activation and port it my self online? if it is possible how?

10 REPLIES 10

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

London drugs or Walmart may offer the free sim. I'm not in Quebec, but I live in BC. I saw the ad that the in store activation gave me for free. I got a free sim at London drugs. You should check Walmart or Londong drugs flyer. 😄 or ask them! 

jsmarjara

Yes. It's very easy . You need account no , cell no cell phone IMEI no and pin no . Some companies use IMEI instead of account no. Call your current provider for details. 

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes it is. I did it that way. Bought it at Walmart's and after a couple of days I activated it online as well as ported my number to PM

bernerhugs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I bought a SIM card at Zehrs (Ontario) and then activated it myself online. Just follow the instruction under "get started". I chose a number to set up the account and then ported my number over using the self service option "change number" in my PM account.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, you can activate at home after buying the sim wherever. Walmart will offer a free sim if you activate with them. That may be the better option. After 5 months with PM, I've noticed many have issues when activating online.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kdpatel28  Also when you do get your sim and signup don't forget to put a referral code in to claim the $10 sign up bonus.

Also use the phone checker to make sure your phone is compatible on Public Mobile and ensure the phone is unlocked.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You can also do this...

Just go to Walmart..say you lost your phone and need a new public mobile sim card..to put in another phone.

Just say you want to buy the sim and will log in online at home to change the sim number from your online public mobile account once home.

lscotty0005

Yes that's what i did when i activate my account. I bought the sim 3 mounths ago and activate in January.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kdpatel28 wrote:

Can I buy Simcard from Walmart or any other physical store and do activation and port it my self online? if it is possible how?

Yes you can although some Walmart locations prefer you to activate instore and don't always sell PM SIMs outright.  Also it's best to take out a temporary PM number when activating to make sure everything is working properly before porting in your previous number.  Just remember to keep your old account active until porting is complete.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yes just go to Walmart..ask for a sim tell them you will do it at home..here it's $10 plus Quebec tax so whatever province you're in

Need Help? Let's chat.