cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE

dianawoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is my son's hp have NO SERVICE, he did not tell me that it has been going on for awhile and the last I checked his account, it is active.  Not impressed!!!

12 REPLIES 12

Hi again, @dianawoon 

Following @esjliv  advice above, based on your first post in the Community, it looks like you activated around mid-end December 2020.  Sound about right?

If that's the case, and you paid for the first 30 days of service, was the account still active the end of January/early February?

If not, it's possible the account has been in suspended state for 90 days (near end January to near end April) and may now be permanently deactivated.

I would recommend logging into Self-Serve immediately and arranging a payment sufficient to reactivate the service.   Once the account has been inactive for 90 days, there's no getting back the service or the phone number.   You'll have to repurchase a Public Mobile SIM card and start the activation process all over again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dianawoon 

IF your account is NOT ACTIVE - You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.

After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

1-Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.

2-Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

So ensure you reactivate your account before the 90 day is up...probably at least 4-5 days before your 90 days is up to ensure all is good.

Reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dianawoon wrote:

Why is my son's hp have NO SERVICE, he did not tell me that it has been going on for awhile and the last I checked his account, it is active.  Not impressed!!!

@dianawoon 

IF other helpful posts around the No Service issue is not resolving anything, and if calling your son's number results in someone else answering (as @popping posts) then report this to the Moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

Type "SIM Swap Fraud"

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Swap fraud article info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dianawoon 

1.  To determine whether someone changed your account to difference SIM card number, call your number from another phone. 

If someone answer the call using your phone number, this will confirm that you are a victim of SIM Jacking.

If you get a message that you phone number is not in service, Someone had SIM jacking your account and change your phone number.

2.  You said earlier that you account is still active.  Check the payment history on the last 4 payments.  When was your last payment date?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@dianawoon , check the SIM card registered in the self serve account to make sure that it matches with the one in the phone.  SIM jacking is a possible cause here.  

PM had removed the last 4 digits of the active SIM card registered on the self-serve account on the "Change Sim Card" page.  OP may need to create a support ticket to find out the SIM card number registered on the OP account from moderator.

Please let us know if there is another way to look up for the active SIM card number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dianawoon , check the SIM card registered in the self serve account to make sure that it matches with the one in the phone.  SIM jacking is a possible cause here.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dianawoon 

Try checking to see if the SIM card is seated in the tray and reboot the phone by powering off and wait about 10 minutes and turn the phone back on.

Also try calling one of your other phones to see if it is not a problem with the phone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dianawoon

More details are needed for community members to help.

Is your account status active? 

How long has your son account been no service? 

Was phone working before with no issues?

If above tips don't help, you can try to put the SIM card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  Can also try to remove SIM card and then re-insert, then reboot phone.  

dianawoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up since Dec 2020... not new user but just recently NO SERVICE.   

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dianawoon 

Or try the lost/stolen feature... this is how:

• Plan & Add-Ons from top menu.
  • Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu.
  • Suspend Service button.
  • Log out.
  • Wait a few minutes.
  • Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone
  • Resume Service this time.
  • Log out.
  • Restart phone.

Some have reported success with this process.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dianawoon 

When you set up the service, did you register a payment card for auto-pay?

If not, you would have had to have purchased payment vouchers, or some other form of prepayment, to cover the renewal periods every 30 days.

There can be many reasons why your son may have "no service".  

Check the account status again?  Is it active.  Try rebooting device, reset network connections, make sure the phone isn't displaying any messages which may indicate a SIM issue.

If the account is inactive, make a payment sufficient to reactivate service.

Need Help? Let's chat.