Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone was I believed hacked!

sojos99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello @CS_Agent  

Yesterday sitting at my cubicle

at work, 5:48 pm I noticed my phone turned on and was calling a number then it was answered on its own !! I immediately pressed the End Call. I have never in my years of owning a cell phone has this happened. 

Worried,I took my data off and I told my manager he suggest I tell my phone company or police.

I have not downloaded anything on my phone i'm very careful with that. 

This is what I saw on my screen calling V82422482700001

Then I checked log and saw it was actually 1 418 529-9643

Please help.

18 REPLIES 18

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did you have a bluetooth device connected to it?

Also, read this thread. Apparently, you are not alone and it happens a lot on Samsung and LG models. https://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/200205-phone-calls-people-itself-4.html

Check to see if you have any of the features mentioned in the thread turned on. If so, turn them off if you don't use them.

Personally, I would download malwarebytes anti-malware from the google play store and do a thorough scan.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.malwarebytes.antimalware

I would do the scan before you factory reset because if it is a rogue app doing this, you need to know which app it is first. Otherwise, after you reset and download your apps again, you may end up downloading the rogue app again.

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i have received the same.

its telemarketers using computer /voip numbers .

block,dont answer.

Android phone ,hard reset.

good luck

sojos99

Thank you all for your replies. I think it is best I either do as mentioned  factory reset or change phones.

By the way has anyone called it, be careful. I think I will call on a payphone.  Remember it is a someone that was able to dial its own number through my phone and was answered.  So weird.

sojos99

Hi, I don't want to call so it can continue what ever it was trying to do.  I did not have the Bluetooth on. It is a Samsung galaxy  S3, old model version of Samsung

sojos99

I accidentally clicked on that instead of reply

sojos99

Hi, no not my voice mail. Not sure if it is the radio app I downloaded a month ago

Ibby2005
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would back everything up and factory reset the phone.   After that if your not satisfied log into your PM account and change your number if you want.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

What phone are you using? Was it the default dialer that made the call? Was your phone paired on Bluetooth at the time?

You can always call the number and tell them what happened if you're worried. Looks like a landline number in Quebec City. Anyone in your office has friends or relatives in Quebec City?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sojos99 wrote:

Hi, I do have a small radio app called Canada Radio I downloaded from the play store a month ago.

I don't think its that. Quite a weird experience to see your phone screen turn on and call on its own.

If this was in response to me then I was meaning your built-in communications transmitters that might be in your phone.

torontokris

@hxj140 wrote:

Which phone were you using when this happened?

@sojos99 why was the post above marked as the solution?? A solution means it fixed your problem. The post is asking what phone you use

torontokris

@sojos99 wrote:

Has this happened to anyone with this and from this number ?

That number looks to be a landline in Quebec. It's not your voicemail by chance? Or the maker of the radio Canada app? 

sojos99

Has this happened to anyone with this and from this number ?

sojos99

Hi, I do have a small radio app called Canada Radio I downloaded from the play store a month ago.

I don't think its that. Quite a weird experience to see your phone screen turn on and call on its own.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Factory reset, stop installing stuff but from unreliable sources, no more click bait, change all passwords.  Moderator team looks after account problems, they don't have anything to do with this problem.  Having said all this, this could have been caused by a software bug.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sojos99  not really sure what you want the moderators to do its a software/hard ware issue on your end not an account related issue. 

have you tried calling the number?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

NFC radio on?

Bluetooth radio on?

WiFi radio on?

Someone in your office finding your phone remotely and messin' with you? 

I kinda doubt this is anything to do with PM.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sojos99 wrote:

Hello @CS_Agent  

Yesterday sitting at my cubicle

at work, 5:48 pm I noticed my phone turned on and was calling a number then it was answered on its own !! I immediately pressed the End Call. I have never in my years of owning a cell phone has this happened. 

Worried,I took my data off and I told my manager he suggest I tell my phone company or police.

I have not downloaded anything on my phone i'm very careful with that. 

This is what I saw on my screen calling V82422482700001

Then I checked log and saw it was actually 1 418 529-9643

Please help.

You should probably wipe your phone, backup your pictures and other important things first!

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Which phone were you using when this happened?

Need Help? Let's chat.