cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is reported as lost or stollen

Kbetts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So my phone was working completely fine it's a telus phone I had a koodo sim card in it everything was good, then i signed up for public mobile checked my phones imei everything was good payed for a plan then all of a sudden my koodo sim card wasn't working it said mm phone not working, so I tried to put the public mobile one in it and it says the same thing, I went back to check my device on the public mobile page and now it says device reported as lost or stollen, how is this possible, how can this be fixed, I'm extremely frustrated

7 REPLIES 7

@Kbetts wrote:

I know the original owner quite well, it was all paid off and they used it as pay as you go for the last year

@Kbetts, this is the official Canadian blacklist site.  Confirm the IMEI here and if it is on the list in error, contact Koodo to have them undo it.  I know of a friend who had a Koodo sourced phone that was blacklisted in error.  She was the original purchaser.  It took a lot of effort but everything was sorted out in the end several months later.  She was offered a discounted phone to use in the mean time.  You need to work with the source carrier brand. 

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
You could try contacting the company who made the phone.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I doubt pm would or could place your phone accedently place your phone on the blacklist. 

Not sure what, if any  info   mods have re blacklisted phones.

Edit could be worth contacting mods with the imei or even telus see if you can get more info. 

Kbetts

I know the original owner quite well, it was all paid off and they used it as pay as you go for the last year

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kbetts, if you were not the original purchaser of this phone it is quite likely the phone IMEI was placed on the blacklist due to some sort of account issue associated with the initial purchase.  It can be due to non payment or the scam insurance claim by the purchaser. 

Kbetts

I got it second hand but it worked for a long time with koodo then as soon as I sign up for public mobile it does this

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When/where did you buy the phone? Do you have proof of purchase of the phone? 

Need Help? Let's chat.