cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data doesn't work!!!

Phs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
My data in my phone stopped working yesterday. I'm in the GTA. I can make calls and sms text only
7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Glad to hear you're up and running again, @Phs, and welcome to the community!

Great troubleshooting, @JaK!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great to hear that worked! (Too bad yesterday's add on didn't work, would have saved you a bit of trouble 🙂 ) Please go ahead and mark the thread as solved.

Phs
The add on worked. I had to power cycle my phone. I did attempt to purchase the add on yesterday. Not sure why it didn't apply tho. Thx.

JaK

If you can send picture texts, then basic data is working, not sure how iMessage works. Yes, if you ran out of data on your plan that fits. Add-ons are normally available pretty quick, almost instantaeous, but you may need to power cycle your phone to see them. If you don't see anything within the next hour or 2, maybe one of the moderators can take a look.. @Kalla_A@Shazia_K@Mary_M

Phs
If I run out of data on my plan would this happen? Yesterday I got a 95% text so I purchased 1gb add on. But when I look now, the add on wasn't purchased, just the money was put into my account. So I just purchased more data now. How long before the extra data normally becomes available?

Phs
Yes. All the basics are taken care of. I can send pictures over text. I can't send an iMessage. My phone shows I'm connected to LTE public mobile but no connection.

A carrier update popped up on my phone and I selected to update now but nothing happened.

JaK

Basics first, are you sure that data is still turned on on your phone? Have you checked to see if you still have data left on your plan? Have you power cycled your phone?

You say that you can make calls and sms texts only, by that I take it that you can't make mms texts? (That would point more to a data not on type problem, as you need data on for mms but it doesn't use data from your plan.)

Need Help? Let's chat.