cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My city does not exist

gemini_yvr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried changing my address and it turns out Coquitlam is an invalid city in BC.

How do I properly change my address? Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

barben

This was from a landline transfer.  This conversation is going on too long.  I just wanted to say that Mississauga, a city of 800,000 people was nowhere in the list either.

@barben wrote:

In order to port the number in you have to type the exact address from which you are porting, which was in Mississauga.

That usually is not the case, and most times, there's nowhere to even enter an address for number porting purposes.  The exception is for a landline transfer.

Hi @barben you don't have to provide exact address.  All you need to phone number, old carrier account number or IMEI.  Address is not needed at all

barben

In order to port the number in you have to type the exact address from which you are porting, which was in Mississauga.

@barben wrote:

I had this issue as well when I tried to port a number in.  My city, Mississauga, ON, is not listed, even though it has a population of over 800,000 people!  A customer service agent had to assist me.  Mississauga never gets any respect, lol.

The city in your account profile is unrelated to number porting.  

barben

I had this issue as well when I tried to port a number in.  My city, Mississauga, ON, is not listed, even though it has a population of over 800,000 people!  A customer service agent had to assist me.  Mississauga never gets any respect, lol.

@CGO wrote:

province based service so nearby city ok. for ID or other purpose, you may contact agent to add your city on invoice.

These can't be used for obtain ID anyway.

@CGO wrote:

you can login self-account to create payment file as invoice. in his case contact CSA.

Self Serve can't be used to create payment invoices for past payments/purchases.

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you can login self-account to create payment file as invoice. in his case contact CSA.

crustylady

Public mobile now issues invoices, @CGO ?

Gee, didn't know that!!!

CGO

province based service so nearby city ok. for ID or other purpose, you may contact agent to add your city on invoice.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@gemini_yvr 

Just use Vancouver, the most importantly is your postal code.

Even the second largest munipality Surrey is not listed in the lower mainland.

PM can't put every city on their website...only the largest one in the area.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@gemini_yvr 

Just try picking a near by city or town instead. It's not really that important for anything, anyways.

Need Help? Let's chat.