cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account is disabled all the sudden?

Oleg7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 11.15.17 AM.png

So why exactly did my account get disabled? My mother is having the same with her account. We both had AutoPay set up and did have a positive balance.

Switched to PublicMobile last month, need to get this solved ASAP as this endangers my mother and will cause me a lot of problems as I'm waiting on calls.

52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

The boss lady has acknowledged my post. Maybe she can get you going and remove all that crap nonsense stock boilerplate warning without you being affected. It's ridiculous that they do this for this EXACT reason.

Oleg7

Unfortunately, yes. Such a stupid glitch and hope PublicMobile can fix this.

"The self-serve profile for both accounts has been disabled and access to self-serve is restricted for 1 year because of credit card charge-backs on both accounts. The restrictions are applied by the financial department and cannot be removed. "

"During the restriction period, the accounts can only be topped up via vouchers. "

I don't get it, how am I supposed to top up an account if I don't have access to the account? Especially while I can't make phone calls at the moment? 

Customer support has been useless so far with finding a proper solution and this is going to be a mess if they don't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM : Another one. This must stop. And these customers should not have to jump through YOUR hoops to get going again from no fault of their own.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Oleg7   oh no, did you see Koodo and reverse the charge? 

Yes, this is a common issue with some people doing this.  Telus owns both Koodo and PM and hence the credit card payment could be from Koodo.  It is not a good way but this is what at the moment

We were told it is in fact a system glitch for using Koodo. But for now, you have to accept payment pull from Koodo or PM

Work with PM Support and see what they say. They might has you to top back up 2 months (one months from last month which service was used already. 2nd payment is for the current month as PM is Prepaid service. )

Oleg7

Still in the process of figuring it out, but supposedly it's due to two refunds I made when I saw "Koodo" charges on my credit card & thought my card was stolen. We're in the process of dealing with a funeral & many medical issues and can't miss calls, so just having my account closed like that is completely awful and even worse if we can't find a proper solution.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Even if your Credit card autopay was declined, you should be able to login into my account page to update your payment and re-activate the plan. 

First, as you said you joined PM a month ago, can you please check the second payment went through for both the accounts or not.

Is anyone else trying to get into your account and put wrong passwords too many times?

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Edit: @Oleg7 

sorry if you Submit a Ticket is will not going through, Try

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,
  • and Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

Oleg7

Using something similar for the time being to contact her, I do need all of this figured out ASAP although and hope Customer Support responds soon to the messages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oleg7 : Another idea...(see.. it happens) is if you have wifi available then you could use a voip app that can do both talk and text while the problem is ongoing. TextNow is often suggested around here. I have it. Free is a bit ad heavy but free is good.

Oleg7

Different credit cards to pay, both accounts were registered on the same day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oleg7 : Can you check devicecheck.ca. Maybe. Odd that it's the same for two phones, 2 SIM's, 2 accounts. I wonder that your number got a port fraud.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Oleg7  Since you said both accounts have problem, so I didn't ask you about the device.

Are they both using the same credit card to pay?   are both accounts supposed to due for payment on the same day?  same amount?  Sometimes if same card used to pay the same amount on the same day, credit card centre might decline one the the two payments thinking it is a duplicated charge

Oleg7

Will keep you updated. Thanks for the help so far.

Oleg7

My old phone has a different sim card size, but I'll test out what happens a little bit later. I did try switching sim cards between my phone & my mothers and nothing changes although. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oleg7 : While you're waiting, there's a slight difference in the suggestion mentioned that I'm not sure was tested. What happens when you put your SIM in _another_ (unlocked compatible) phone?

@Oleg7 wrote:

Sent them a message, hope for the best. Awful timing for this & something is definitely wrong.

@Oleg7   they usually reply within an hour or two.  If you don't see any response in 2 hours, message them again

Kindly come back and provide us an update.  Waiting for your good news 🙂

Oleg7

Sent them a message, hope for the best. Awful timing for this & something is definitely wrong.

@Oleg7 wrote:

if you put the SIM in a phone, what is it saying?  SIM not provisioned?  No Network?

Unregistered Sim on my mothers phone, mine doesn't say anything and shows zero bars for signal.

what happens if you dial *611?

Not registered on network & Mobile network not available

Try to see if you can reset the password using Forgot Password, https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

Sorry, you've been locked out. Please contact Public Mobile for help.

Something not right.. 

Open a ticket with PM support using direct message :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

again, keep checking your Community inbox , envelope icon on top right.  PM Support will respond there

Oleg7

if you put the SIM in a phone, what is it saying?  SIM not provisioned?  No Network?

Unregistered Sim on my mothers phone, mine doesn't say anything and shows zero bars for signal.

Not registered on network & Mobile network not available

Try to see if you can reset the password using Forgot Password, https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

Sorry, you've been locked out. Please contact Public Mobile for help.

@Oleg7   if you put the SIM in a phone, what is it saying?  SIM not provisioned?  No Network?

if fails, open a ticket with PM support though private message immediately and have them to check (I hope the account wasn't ported out for whatever reason)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Oleg7

Haven't been able to login on either accounts, both accounts had a positive balance and were working just fine two days ago. So none of this makes any sense & I need it resolved ASAP.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Oleg7   Could be Autopay Failure. 

Can you login to My Account?      If so, login to my Account and use the payment tab ((https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/)), and click One time Payment  

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/

try to make a payment using Amount Due.  If it works, good

If not , then try again using "Other" and enter the Plan Amount +$1 extra  

If payment gone through with one the 2 ways above, check if there is a button Reactivate current plan, click on it

Then logoff My Account and reboot your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.